Muslims Like Us

Just watching Home Alone at b-I-l's.

Asked my son and nephew about their homework, and the example names in use nowadays (as in "if Kevin has four apples, and Katie takes two.....")

They both said that traditional names are not really used anymore, but examples they did give were Sandeep, Delbert, and one I wouldn't even know where to begin with, to even spell.
(The reason I asked that specific question was that I noticed the names before, but couldn't remember the details).

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It's a common misconception for right wing ******* to invent some kind of imaginary curtailment of free speech and use PC as a fitting title for the imaginary curtailment.

o_O

do what ?? :confused:

(The term fireman could be a sexist term so in order to be PC they are now fire fighters )

(The term fireman could be a sexist term so in order to be PC they are now fire fighters )

That's one way of looking at it and trying to blame what you call PC.

You will be shocked to discover that women not only have the vote, they are also allowed to drive, join the armed forces, and open bank accounts. It is rumoured that the British Monarch is a woman. Possibly even the Prime Minister.

In your world, what do you call female firefighters? "Firewomen" perhaps?

On the same thread, this is what was on facebook this morning.
Winter season? All my life boxing day was the day after Christmas, and Christmas wasn't ever called
a winter season.

facebook pc.jpg

It's time for you to march forward into the 1980's.
I am a woman, I am not offended if a firefighter is called a firewoman. There are more things to be worried about and put right tbh.

Perhaps if the PC brigade used their brains on important stuff this world would be better.

So in your opinion there is a PC brigade? And you think that they are so busy calling firefighters "firefighters" that they have no capacity for doing anything else?

I bet you don't complain about equal pay.

Are you old enough to have needed your husband's signature to take out a loan?

So in your opinion there is a PC brigade? And you think that they are so busy calling firefighters "firefighters" that they have no capacity for doing anything else?

You're being a **** again JohnD, making up stuff in order to have an argument. Don't be silly.

It's time for you to march forward into the 1980's.

Even 1968 would be a start
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_sewing_machinists_strike_of_1968

So as I am not concerned about how firefighters are named, I therefore have no concerns about equal pay or what my husband can do? How very presumptious of you, a typical male reaction from you - telling us women how we think. I think it's you who should step forward and join more recent times.

Oh, and I think that's called making stuff up.

And yes, I'd rather those people who worry about every single detail, as small and silly as calling people firefighters thought about better things.
This world is ****ed up. I am not going to apologise for wishing our silly boys in councils and governments thought of ways to fix stuff than to worry about labels for firefighters (when firewoman is just as fine and describes things perfectly), and if they should call christmas lights christmas lights.

If you are one of those silly people who want to ignore the real problems in the world and sit on a DIY forum arguing about labels for firemen or women then it speaks volumes about you. Ie, you're being a ****.

silly people who want to ignore the real problems in the world and sit on a DIY forum arguing about labels for firemen or women then it speaks volumes about you. Ie, you're being a ****.

perhaps so.

Who was it that raised the "firefighters" "PC" issue?

And who is it that thinks there is a "PC brigade?"

Sponsored Links
Back