Muslims Like Us

It's a common misconception for right wing ******* to invent some kind of imaginary curtailment of free speech and use PC as a fitting title for the imaginary curtailment.
This still stands. It seems the last few posts have served to highlight this. RWR's grasping at trying to make their imaginary prejudices suit the phrase 'PC'. There is no PC brigade.
Just use common sense.

Sponsored Links
The PC brigade exists & the PC brigade have an agenda.

This much, at least is truth.

That's one way of looking at it and trying to blame what you call PC.

You will be shocked to discover that women not only have the vote, they are also allowed to drive, join the armed forces, and open bank accounts. It is rumoured that the British Monarch is a woman. Possibly even the Prime Minister.

In your world, what do you call female firefighters? "Firewomen" perhaps?

well as this thread is or was about "muslims like us"

you "Will" be shocked to know that in many islamic countries woman do have the right to vote , are not allowed to drive , cannot join the armed forces & proably cannot open bank accounts

but perhaps we should be PC when making such comments :):)

and no in my world they are fire fighters ;)

The PC brigade exists & the PC brigade have an agenda.
Write to them then and ask them to stop being a cunch of bunts. Oh and post their details on here as well would you please.(y)
Their chief spokesman isn't called Mitch is he?

Sponsored Links
It does happen though.

Last week on TV a female person was introduced as an 'actor'.
Then there is 'chair' - there's nothing wrong with 'chairman' or 'chairwoman' depending who it is.

I really don't understand why an actress would object and prefer to be called an actor.
They would surely object if we did away with 'woman' and called everyone 'man'.

Still, not logic is it? - just people making a fuss over PC rubbish - when it suits them.
I wonder why EFL and his buddies chose to drag their ideas of Political Correctness onto the thread.

Why does he care if a person who acts wants to be called an actor?

I wonder why EFL and his buddies chose to drag their ideas of Political Correctness onto the thread.

to educate you ?:idea: may be :idea:

... because she is not an actor - a male person who acts - and, presumably, does not want to be called a man.

So, selective to say the least.

If nothing else, it is corrupting the language.

As you brought it up, does Elizabeth want to be called King?

Than of course there is the term prostitute when used in the context of a sex worker

one tends to ?? associate the term prostitute with a female ? were as if they are not female they are referred to as male prostitute ?

Because he wants to drone on about PC, and he wants to express his disapproval of a person who acts being called an actor.

A matter which does not affect him.

Some might say:

silly people who want to ignore the real problems in the world and sit on a DIY forum arguing about labels for firemen or women then it speaks volumes about you. Ie, you're being a ****.

Does the above post infer that Blighty thinks people like EFLI are ****s?
Can't wait for Dork to post details of the PC brigade. At least it will clear up the confusion about exactly what PC is supposed to be. The RWR are getting confused and their nickers in a twist.(y)

What about the term Chairman ???

should we use the term chair person ? or if the sex is known should we use the term chairman or chairwoman ?

can we still use the term waitress ?? & waiter ??

Sponsored Links
Back