My eldest son been attacked by a group of low life scum

Not very much I can add masona.

Let us all just hope he fully recovers( both physically and mentally) from an appalling experience.

I wouldn't take to much notice of the race of the culprits really, a bad bunch is exactly that.

Best regards to both you and your family in what must be a very worrying times.

Dave and Julie

Sponsored Links
Is this kind of assault on the increase or has it always been there, I don't know. I can't understand what makes these people so full of hate.
I feel very sorry for your son and wish him luck.

It's been around for decades. East london gangs were known for it, though they tended to keep it gang oriented, Glasgow featured a lot, then it seemed to be the turn of the new towns. Harlow in the sixties was a place that was not safe at times. I wonder if this was one of the reasons for conscription, to take people out of circulation in the difficult years,

Absolute b*stards.

I am fortunate that neither myself nor anyone I know has received quite such a brutal assault, but unfortunately violence, especially unprovoked, seems far too common.

Vengeance is no substitute for the event never having taken place, even if these guys are paralysed, maimed or murdered next week, you, your son and your family will have to live with this trauma forever.

B*stards.

It's good that you know about delayed shock. In my limited experience the victim of an assault can seem fine and feel fine for a couple of months, and only then will it sink in. You obviously are prepared to do anything for your son, and he is going to need you and all of his family. He will have days when he will wake up feeling fine, will get halfway to work and then just give up and have to come home. And he will get bl**dy angry sometimes. Time helps.

Masona, if we knew what they get out of it we would tell you. Do they put it on their CV? Does it earn them more "respect"?

I have to wonder... the friends. I know that self-protection instincts can take over, but if his friends were watching this happen and not intervening for risk of getting hurt, I hope they apologise to your son for being such a bunch of pu**ies. Scum like this rely on the fact that too many people won't stand with their friends. They know that if they pick on one person out of a group of 4 good people, then the others will usually be too scared.

People this evil are bound to be known to police, if not now then soon. Let's hope they are caught and brought to order for this heinous crime. :mad:

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
oilman and freddie, jasys sentiments are spot on. this is not the place to start squabbling, take it elsewhere

well said thermo!!

Sorry to hear that Masona m8. Can only say all the best.

As i said before Masona i hope he is ok, but just to correct a few here---i havent wanted to or have started or been involved in any squabble and really object to being labelled as such

MasonA I'm realy sorry to hear of your families trouble. From what I gather, these sort of thugs don't do this sort of thing out of hatred, they just think it's fun. I personally think, scum like this should be tracked down and removed from the gene pool. but thats just me being psychopathic again.

From my experience, the victims of this type of attack are chosen quite randomly. I know it may sound pathetic as a consolation, but one of the only positive thoughts I could hang onto, when faced with a similar situation, was that at least it wasn't personal.

In my own case, I found that the anger just gnawed away at me for years. You're unlikely to ever get satisfaction from justice being served or even having the b*stds identified. Looking back, perhaps I should have sought some sort of couciling, or anger management, but it would have seemed a bit wimpish, considering I wasn't even the victim.

My heart goes out to you, and I sincerely hope that you and your family can find a way to get over this. I know I didn't handle it too well. When this sort of thing happens to your own offspring, It really is the stuff of nightmares. If there is any couseling available, I'd strongly suggest you consider it.

All the best.

masona

Its good to know that your son is on the mend. His physical scars will
heal quite quickly but his mental scars will take a long time. I know
because a similar incident happened to a close family friend.
His confidence will be badly shakened, but it is good that he has
someone like yourself who can listen.

It takes time and he will blame himself and will be very angry.

Make sure you get all the help you need and victim Support is
worth contacting.

People carry out these senseless attacks due to the fact that they
are not frightened of the consequences if they get caught.

It is sad that society has allowed this to happen.

All the best in the future.

masona
Terrible - you have my thoughts, and I hope there are no lasting effects.
Pete.

Masona, I'd like to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery for your son to those of everyone else.
Sadly, it does appear that this type of thing is on the increase in urban areas. One of the reasons we live in the country.

sorry to hear about your son and hope he makes a full recovery
just keep a close eye on him over the next few weeks as thats when things begin to hit home and there can be adverse reactions

advise your son to make a claim through the CICB (criminal injuries compensation board) they have a web site i believe and no conviction or arrest of those involved is necessary only that your son helped police with their enquiries and did his utmost to help

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.cica.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=115,1&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

here is the web site and you can actually apply on line

i took the liberty of answering the firt few questions and it then said i may be eligible for an award and transferred me to the online application where it asks for more personal information

i know it wont be as good as having your son uninjured but if he loses wages and things i think they include that

good advice venus, i had a couple of successful claims with the board when i was badly injured in my old job. It normally takes about a year and is worth pursuing

Many many thanks for all your kind replies,

The latest news,

My son Adam is now home & recovering quite well but have to decide by this weekend whether to have the operation on his fracture skull which is still mending together. They need to break part of the skull early to re-shape it. The problem is, to do this, they cut the skin at the back of the head and pull the skin back to the forehead to repair it :!: His eyesights and teeth will be okay.

Venus,

Thanks for the link, looks promising. I didn't know there are so many claim line for compensation and it's like a jungle out there :!: I have taken the phone number of the compensation helpline (0800 389 1664) which was at the A&E hospital, again I have no idea which one to go to :!:

Thermo,

Thanks for your help and I couldn't see the e-mail in your profile.

if you go see a lawyer they will complete a form for you and represent your son at any subsequent hearing re compensation although if he is in paid employment it will not be free.
on the description of future treatment that is the best way to do it as the only scar is above the hairline at the back of his head

hope he fully recovers and the bar stewards who done it are traced and locked up or alternatively try it on again with the wrong crowd and end up with severely sore faces

+++++++++++++++++++++

oh by the way dont go near any of those companies you see advertising on the telly (claims r us etc)

this is a different thing altogether
this is government funded to compensate the victims of serious crimes

ive been at a few of these hearings in a previous life and they really are user friendly although i would always advice proper legal representation it really is something you and your son could do together

finally

dont accept the first offer which will almost always be derisory
appeal and it will be increased at the hearing!!!!!!!!!

please note 10a

Masona
Your Lad gets nearly killed an the police cannot be bothered to come out

UTTERLY SHAMEFUL ...

now that is horrific racism
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Have anyone ever been in an ethnic ghetto recently ?

I was doing a job in Oldham ,about 6 months ago , for a pub chain bathroom refit,
the days were ok but at night it was like Fort Apache The Bronx with asians ,
milling about hanging round the van ....an then as went one night after doing a tile finish I got my van bricked , for NO reason ..I rang the Police they will not attend ,asked why its not serious enough , I said my apprientice has just been dragged out the van an eaten ,they hung up ..lol
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

if you had said you were black I bet they would have the ARMED RESPONSE out shooting white lads ..

a guy gets murdered cause he is black an racially attacked ,we have to have St Whatever-His-Name Day,an them lawerence lot creeping back for for more handouts

Lets look at this another way Masona lad was an Ethnic ...
the National Press an TV would be all over it ..
HE IS WHITE AN THE POLICE COULDNT CARE LESS

BTW
I aint a Racist , but Im annoyed that white people are the second class citizens now

an you wonder why them evil /horrendous /nasty /b*stards the bnp are getting seats in councils ...!!! that is shocking

To think my Grandad went to war in WW2 to fight Fascism , an we are breeding it here due too PC/70s Propagandas that are allowing our state services to make one ETHNIC race above the other ...
if mods delete my post shame them as I speak from the heart an IM not a clendshed (sp)fist or angry as BNP/Muslim extremists are ..

I really hope your son Masona can get back to how lovely he was before an if he does get depressed (as head injuries do)keep reassuring him "WHAT AN ABSOLUTE SUPERSTAR HE "IS"....
you must keep him aware of the depression an DONT LET HIM GO ON TABLETS FOR IT (which are a knightmare to get off )

best wishes
an keep your chin up
have drink an cheers
your lads on the mend
take care
moz ;)

Sponsored Links
Back