My Girls School

Independent builder who subcontracts the work out to the different trade's

So in other words. Builder will have his crew. He will then sub out the work to the sparks, the slaps and the plumbers. All of witch would be individual companies.

Sponsored Links
My thread and my thread states the building industry is shocking. My girls 4 and a bit year old school being a prime example.

Last week I went to a brand new block of flats that Newham council have taken up most of the plots..

The door entry system didn't work. The lift didn't work. The young girls HIU unit didn't work. The finish on the main stair case was shoddy.
I tend to think that some people have difficulty differentiating between reality and what they perceive as reality, leading them to make claims that they're really not that sure are true, in order to bolster their arguments.

Have to assume they are not regular subcontractors then.

Up to him how he pays for what quality of work he gets. He has the final say in the quality of work.

Exactly just how the building industry works.

Builder takes on the other trades as they know more than he. The looser is the home owner who's paid for their expertise, skill and advice as he knows nothing about the building industry.

I tend to think that some people have difficulty differentiating between reality and what they perceive as reality, leading them to make claims that they're really not that sure are true, in order to bolster their arguments.

What you talking about Roy?

Sponsored Links
Exactly just how the building industry works.

Builder takes on the other trades as they know more than he. The looser is the home owner who's paid for their expertise, skill and advice as he knows nothing about the building industry.
The builder is the 1 paying, and it's his reputation and standards that are judged.

Sounds like he his happy paying for low quality.

Who do you think is responsible for that, and therefore the overall quality.?

The builder is the 1 paying, and it's his reputation and standards that are judged.

Sounds like he his happy paying for low quality.

Who do you think is responsible for that, and therefore the overall quality.?

I think the builder and the individual trades.

Regardless the customer is the one that's paid a lot of money and is being fed Ball.

As for reputation your words where the customers words. He doesn't have the knowledge or the or the right questions to confront the builder.

He's new to The Town from London. Builders can be a very intimating bunch that just baffle you with ball.

I think the builder and the individual trades.

Regardless the customer is the one that's paid a lot of money and is being fed Ball.

As for reputation your words where the customers words. He doesn't have the knowledge or the or the right questions to confront the builder.

He's new to The Town from London. Builders can be a very intimating bunch that just baffle you with ball.
So, the low standards are the fault of the builder employing others.

If he wanted better standards he could enforce them.

So, the low standards are the fault of the builder employing others.

If he wanted better standards he could enforce them.

Not everyone is as tough as you.

I see this far too often. It's not far off burglary. It's rotten. I go round people houses to sort out shít left by other plumbers.

I ask why are you not getting them back.
The answer is either:
We don't want them back.
They won't come back
They don't answer their phone.

Not everyone's a fighter, some people don't have the stomach to stand up to these people.

I've had it myself with other trades. They just don't give a flying duck.

By the way theses are all English trades I'm talking about.

Not everyone is as tough as you.

I see this far too often. It's not far off burglary. It's rotten. I go round people houses to sort out shít left by other plumbers.

I ask why are you not getting them back.
The answer is either:
We don't want them back.
They won't come back
They don't answer their phone.

Not everyone's a fighter, some people don't have the stomach to stand up to these people.

I've had it myself with other trades. They just don't give a flying duck.

By the way theses are all English trades I'm talking about.
This builder is spending money.

Up to him what he pays for. But if his subcontractors know he will pay them for what they do, they will keep doing it.

It's a management issue. He is probably making healthy profits and paying for cheap standards.

No point blaming anybody else.

This builder is spending money.

Up to him what he pays for. But if his subcontractors know he will pay them for what they do, they will keep doing it.

It's a management issue. He is probably making healthy profits and paying for cheap standards.

No point blaming anybody else.

I agree with every sentence apart from.the last. Sometimes it's the builder who gets ballshitted. It's always the customer who pays .

You've obviously been very lucky in life.

I agree with every sentence apart from.the last. Sometimes it's the builder who gets ballshitted. It's always the customer who pays .

You've obviously been very lucky in life.
Never been lucky, worked for what Ive got.

Standards are exactly that. If the builder has low standards that's his responsibility. Why blame others if he is paying for that and not demanding better, or paying for better.

Way too easy to say its somebody else's fault. He is the 1 accepting those standards, and then passing them on. If he demanded better would the sub contactors keep working to low standards?

Never been lucky, worked for what Ive got.

He's black man from London
who's done very well for himself Aswell
Yet this town and its people are alien to him he knows know one, has a young family and must be feeling a little bitter at the moment

I'll advise him the best I can but I can't fight his battles , and he has a battle.

Sponsored Links
Back