National Anthem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't it time to replace it with a NATIONAL anthem rather than a PERSONAL anthem?

Not even Kim Jong-il has a PERSONAL anthem. In fact no other country has a personal anthem apart from this one.

If you are a Republican then you don't sing it.

If you are an Atheist I don't see how you can sing it.

Shouldn't our anthem really be Jerusalem?

No wonder Jeremy didn't sing it.

Sponsored Links
Hopefully this is just the period of time when a new 'leader' pretends to be sticking by his principles before slipping back into the World of rhetoric. Personally, I don't see Corbyn's refusal to sing the anthem as a snub against the Queen but as a snub against all the men & women who died.
I do think 'Land of hope & glory' would be a better anthem though.

He sure knows how to make friends and influence people........:eek:
K J Un doesn't need his own anthem.....just bow to the pictures of The Great Leader every time you see it and you and your family may just survive.
John :)

Sponsored Links
There's a new movement afoot. It will now become optional to sing the anthem and completely accepted if you do not. Personally, I won't.

There's no glory in war.
I wholeheartedly agree but unfortunately that is the real World. There will always be someone planning to invade (as we know). Can you imagine having no army under Corbyn? Who will put out the fires when the firemen are on strike.

There's a new movement afoot. It will now become optional to sing the anthem and completely accepted if you do not. Personally, I won't.
Footballers opt to not sing the anthem all the time but that is usually because they are foreign or too thick to learn the words. I am no royalist and would not sing the anthem but then it is not expected of me because I am not a public figure at a war memorial. At the moment Corbyn just reminds me of an insolent child but time will tell I suppose.

There's no glory in war.
I wholeheartedly agree but unfortunately that is the real World. There will always be someone planning to invade (as we know). Can you imagine having no army under Corbyn? Who will put out the fires when the firemen are on strike.

The Military Services no longer take over the role of Firefighters when the Fire Service strike, all the Green Goddesses are gone.

This job is now the responsibility of the brilliantly organised PRIVATE Security Organistaion called "G4S" the organisation that did so well in the UK Olympics.
They also now have the job of supplying temporary firefighters and equiptment to Brigades if they become short staffed, ( i.e. like a temporary typist )

Because an atheist doesn't believe in holy lambs of god, or gods for that matter.

So why would he sing God save the Queen. (Not Elton John I might add),

Neither should he and neither should you if you are an atheist.

Sponsored Links
Back