New boiler and no gas supply to cooker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, but if you replaced a 15kW heat-only, gas pipe 15mm, with a 35kW combi, would you leave it at 15mm, automatically change it to 22mm, or do a calculation? (maybe depending on the pipe run)
Do a calculation. 22mm might not be big enough, so just automatically changing to that would be foolish

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
But Picasso said he didn't need to do a calculation. That's what I'm curious about.

20 years ago I fitted my first combi boiler in a 3 bed house, I did the calculations for the gas run, 10 metres to gas meter, gas hob, how many elbows, total load on gas pipe ect, do you think its necessary to recalculate for an extra couple of metres of gas pipe or boiler on its own or slightly bigger boiler ? if I think its getting close to the limit I increase part of the gas run (and not always the first bit):sneaky:

20 years ago I fitted my first combi boiler in a 3 bed house, I did the calculations for the gas run, 10 metres to gas meter, gas hob, how many elbows, total load on gas pipe ect, do you think its necessary to recalculate for an extra couple of metres of gas pipe or boiler on its own or slightly bigger boiler ? if I think its getting close to the limit I increase part of the gas run (and not always the first bit):sneaky:
OK thanks. I'm sure you know what you're doing, and if it were an unusual one - bigger system, longer runs etc you would do some calculations.

to be honest with you I'm in the 'DIY gas is legal' camp.

I also believe a professional DIY-er (a professional who does DIY) will do better pipework and installation than 90% of RGI's.

I say professional DIY-er because we do the due diligence to know what we are talking about and how to do it. Professional means graduate with a professional job. Know many DIY-ers who know how to work out pipe sizing?? well you do now! (me!)

The only thing I'm lacking is a FGA but I do have a carbon monoxide alarm installed.

I also believe a professional DIY-er (a professional who does DIY) will do better pipework and installation than 90% of RGI's.

I say professional DIY-er because we do the due diligence to know what we are talking about and how to do it. Professional means graduate with a professional job. Know many DIY-ers who know how to work out pipe sizing?? well you do now! (me!)

The only thing I'm lacking is a FGA but I do have a carbon monoxide alarm installed.
Idiot

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

You couldn’t make it up!

Very articulate. I'm not used to having such high level conversations because the people I work with are only qualified to degree level; none have the ability to do the ACS ;--)

I don't know any RGI's but I'm very impressed with your conversation and articulation skills; you far exceed the stereotype of the plumber with his pants halfway down his crack hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back