New boiler and no gas supply to cooker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
to be honest with you I'm in the 'DIY gas is legal' camp.

I also believe a professional DIY-er (a professional who does DIY) will do better pipework and installation than 90% of RGI's.

I say professional DIY-er because we do the due diligence to know what we are talking about and how to do it. Professional means graduate with a professional job. Know many DIY-ers who know how to work out pipe sizing?? well you do now! (me!)

The only thing I'm lacking is a FGA but I do have a carbon monoxide alarm installed.

leymwyW.png

I'm sure everyone will agree that diy gas itself is not illegal, the bit that's illegal is not complying with the statutory gas regs.
Leaving an issue so severe that the hob extinguishes when the boiler fires is beyond non compliance, it's severe negligence.
Let's hope the op was either trolling or has resolved the problem. And reported the engineer.
Although reporting may not help, I once reported no gas safety certificate and a registered gas engineer "fixing" the pilot light in the boiler despite a big gap in the flue and black staining all over the surrounding walls.
After a good few months the hse wrote back enclosing a copy of the gas safety certificate that was produced for the boiler installed after that saying no problems. With all the cutbacks since i can't imagine the service has improved.

It appears the OP has long vanished and this thread is now more about DIY gas works.

The forums stance on this can be found here:

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/diy-gas.8090/

This thread is now locked and any other ones relating to DIY gas will go the same way.

regards

Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back