New Boiler payment when faulty

I ordered an electric wall heater for a commercial client from a wholesaler. The delivery kept getting put off and put off. Eventually, the client got miffed and cancelled. I asked the wholesaler to pay me the money I lost in labour charges.

They did.

Sponsored Links
I ordered an electric wall heater for a commercial client from a wholesaler. The delivery kept getting put off and put off. Eventually, the client got miffed and cancelled. I asked the wholesaler to pay me the money I lost in labour charges.

Was this an w/saler with whom you traded regularly?

Sponsored Links
The engineer doesn’t want to know, Ideal have been in touch about sending and engineer but on the phone today they are trying to say they don’t think there is a fault and it’s just because it’s cold water flow rate must be too high, they haven’t even looked at it. If I run a bath I don’t use the cold tap and the bath isn’t too hot! Disappointed with Ideal I’m thinking of using my 30 days and getting it ripped out and going with another manufacturer.

Ah, so this only happens on the bath? This is a common issue with some makes of combi (those without a flow restrictor).

What size boiler is it 26, 32 or 40kw?

Ah, so this only happens on the bath? This is a common issue with some makes of combi (those without a flow restrictor).

What size boiler is it 26, 32 or 40kw?
No, it’s all taps. When the engineer was doing the commission he said the hot water temp on the boiler won’t go above 45°, I just used the bath as an example of it not being very hot. It’s the 40kw version.

Did the installer complete the Benchmark commissioning in the boiler book?

Just get Ideal out and they will repair if its a fault and advise if its an installation fault. Whatever the outcome this is the installers problem !

If I run a bath I don’t use the cold tap and the bath isn’t too hot!
One question you haven't answered yet (unless I've missed it). If you partially close the tap, i.e. significantly reduce the flow rate, does the water get warmer ?

A fundamental problem with any instant water heater is the limited power. Basically flow rate times temperature rise times specific heat capacity equals power needed. So you end up with a combi boiler massively oversized for the heating, but incapable of providing a good flow rate at a reasonable temperature. Running a bath can be a challenge to get enough water into the bath before it's gone cold due to the time taken.
Part of commissioning will be adjusting the max flow rate unless the boiler has an internal mechanism for controlling it. Set it too high and you only get lukewarm water.

That's another halfwit imbecil who wants proof.
I can only suggest a route to solve the problem, not do a case study so you can have a cosy night reading it.
I'm not in the boiler business, so I don't know of any specific case, but talking in general, many companies take responsibility for their faulty products and replace/refund them.
Even expensive items.
Example: a few years ago a customer bought a Miele washing machine.
Got delivered and I fitted it.
Worked one wash and then was tripping the electric.
They replaced it, they didn't repair it.
Happy now???
you were called out for your lie and you respond with insults. Is your IQ higher than room temp?

you were called out for your lie and you respond with insults. Is your IQ higher than room temp?
What lie, imbecil?
Now accordingly to your 3 neurons, giving advice is a lie and needs proof.
Did you suffer brain damage or were you born an ass?

Now now gentlemen (though I use that term loosely given the evidence of the last few posts), let's keep this civilised.

I'll be honest @johnny2007 in 30 years I have never known a boiler manufacturer swap a boiler.

The contract the OP has is with the installer, which would be covered under consumer rights - this makes everything the installers problem.

As an installer I have swapped two boilers as it was proving embarrassing with the >5 warranty calls in the first three months, the manufacturer would have attended another 5 times and still not swapped it. I swapped it then argued the toss with them, I came off worse off, however reputation intact.

I'll be honest @johnny2007 in 30 years I have never known a boiler manufacturer swap a boiler.

The contract the OP has is with the installer, which would be covered under consumer rights - this makes everything the installers problem.

As an installer I have swapped two boilers as it was proving embarrassing with the >5 warranty calls in the first three months, the manufacturer would have attended another 5 times and still not swapped it. I swapped it then argued the toss with them, I came off worse off, however reputation intact.
In the end I had Ideal out and they claimed it was the heat exchange plate, I accepted a repair (plate replaced) for ease and it seems fine now.

Sponsored Links
Back