New challenger bell box doesn't silence

Sponsored Links
Right, fuse replaced and alarm working, set to sab. So a very big thank you for all the help I have received.

Alarm stays quiet when supposed to. Alarm activates when set and simulated entry is staged.

HOWEVER, when a simulated tamper is staged (ie loosening the screw on the bell box), the alarm rings and I cannot silence it by putting in the code. Which could be awkward.

Any advice on what I may be doing wrong or simply not understanding?

That’s correct ….all bellboxes work this way the tamper switch breaks the 0v and the internal battery will activate the sounder for ……5/10/15 mins depending on what dill switches you set for cut off time in the bellbox …

I wondered about the cut off time.

So, after the time that it's set up for, I can then reset the alarm by tapping in the code as normal?

Sponsored Links
So the bell will run until the cut off period or until the tamper switch is closed, whichever happens first. U wont be able to reset the panel until the tamper switch is closed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back