New Job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I've put the paramedic stuff on hold as the only positions I could find were P/T and shift-work. The first will create havoc with our finances and the second is tricky with three kids in tow.

So I've found a full-time very well-paid job with a large national company doing just what I do now.

They can worry about the van, the paperwork, whether they get paid or not etcetera, etcetera.....and I will have more time to do the job I love doing without the pitfalls.

Get the van Friday (sorry Slogger, it's a Connect! :LOL: ), start Monday.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Well, I've put the paramedic stuff on hold as the only positions I could find were P/T and shift-work. The first will create havoc with our finances and the second is tricky with three kids in tow.

So I've found a full-time very well-paid job with a large national company doing just what I do now.

They can worry about the van, the paperwork, whether they get paid or not etcetera, etcetera.....and I will have more time to do the job I love doing without the pitfalls.

Get the van Friday (sorry Slogger, it's a Connect! :LOL: ), start Monday.

if you need anyone to make your butties or your shoes shinning give me a call my rates are reasonable

Sponsored Links
Thanks, folks. I'll let you know how it goes. I've got a month's residential training/induction course in a far off land (Yorkshire, I think!).

Got to learn how to use their laptop system. Everything goes on there. Your appointments, holidays, stock ordering etcetera, which is very different to how I operate as a S/E spark at present.

Feeling a little nervous after very nearly 10 years self-employment.....

So if you have holidays etc. on that, does this mean you'll be getting sick pay too?

I find any system (paper or electronic) is easy to use provided everyone sticks to it. No doubt being a national company they will stick to it. Nothing worse than a muddle of paper and electronic appointments (as I manage to demonstrate frequently when some get puts appointments in my Outlook whilst some other get puts them in my paper diary without either checking the other :LOL: )

Yes! That's the other big benefit of being back on PAYE....sick pay!!

Not that I've been ill a lot in 10 years, but it's something to fall back on.

My advantage over you is that there won't be a paper equivalent - all my dealings will be via the laptop.

Just had another nasty thought....those laptops have fixed mice, don't they? Just how is a left-handed Welshman supposed to use one of those, look you?

securespark said:
Just had another nasty thought....those laptops have fixed mice, don't they? Just how is a left-handed Welshman supposed to use one of those, look you?
I use laptop all the time and got a UPS mouse with me instead of fixed mouse! Although you will get to used to the fixed mouse!

Feeling nervous is a good sign!

Good luck.

Remember, 'E for B and B your Best' ...... You get on well with folk, no probs.. Sparkodia !! ;)

gl on this but one things puzzles me ? why leave SE i thought part p would make more work for sparkys now am i wrong ?? i know i dont do dual fuel cookers now out of principle ( corgi is meant to be gas not sparks )

worried now i am hey is there any jobs going with transco ?> i can be a TOFO honest

so who are you workin for now?

111AAA+++ first response electrical!? :LOL:

Andy - No! I can't really say who I'm going to work for, but it's not them!!

Leaving S/E as it is not cost-effective for me to gear up for PP - I'm working (lawfully) outside PP at the moment.

However, my new employer is certified (as an organisation)and all employees (once trained) become competent persons.

As I said before, there are many aspects of S/E that I find red-tapish and that drag me down, this way, my employer has the headaches, I get to do more of the actual job, rather than coming home to send out estimates, invoices, chase late payers, buy and collect stock etc etc....They provide me with all the gear, train me up to PP standard (not much to learn there!) and it costs me not a penny. On the downside, I realise that outside of my employed work, I revert to having to work outside PP, but I'm not going to have a great deal of time for jobs outside work, so this suits me fine.

Sponsored Links
Back