New ring circuit from socket

No socket has 4 cables in it. It had 3 in it and still has 3 now because 1 was took out to go in junction box and ringed back into that socket.
Three plus one 'going back into it' equals 4, doesn't it? More to the point, it's crazy! You really ought to get an electrician to sort that mess out.

Kind Regards, John.

Jimmy the electrician was there a few minutes ago - he tested it and left his business card as well. ;) So it must be correct mustn't it. :rolleyes:

Well it works.

Sponsored Links
No 3 plus 1 going out is 2. Then back to socket is 3 your maths is really bad.
Look at the diagram you uploaded and count how many cables are going the double socket from the junction box etc!

No socket has 4 cables in it. It had 3 in it and still has 3 now because 1 was took out to go in junction box and ringed back into that socket.
Three plus one 'going back into it' equals 4, doesn't it? More to the point, it's crazy! You really ought to get an electrician to sort that mess out.
Jimmy the electrician was there a few minutes ago - he tested it and left his business card as well. ;) So it must be correct mustn't it. :rolleyes:
Well it works.
Oh Dear!

What? !!! Even if my maths is bad, I can at least count ... How many cables going to this socket:
??

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Well it works.
Oh Dear!

Maybe some people are not happy because jimmy has done a good job and just carnt take that it works.

All I wanted was sockets . But I got lucky and got 2 fuse spurs too.

Top tip don't try and fix something that works.

Three plus one 'going back into it' equals 4, doesn't it?

:confused:

More to the point, it's crazy! You really ought to get an electrician to sort that mess out.
OK - I give up.

What am I not seeing in this which is causing people to get so agitated:

lxe0.jpg

:?:

(Apart from the perennial issue of testing)

What? !!! Even if my maths is bad, I can at least count ... How many cables going to this socket:
??

Kind Regards, John

Sorry mate now I no what you mean my picture was drawled wrong it goes from last F.S to socket.

I'm really trying not to be abusive, because it's not really constructive, but,

are you stupid?

a) if the downstairs socket is a ring then it has two cables in it, you add the two cables from your diagram that equals 4
b) the diagram you posted shows a double socket with, wait for it 4 cables in it
c)I can't find a diagram publised anywhere of what you have created (because it shouldn't exist) - it's so stupid there aren't even diagrams telling you not to do it it's that ridiculous

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back