News feeds in the Unanswered section of the board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over the last few days, there are several "news" feeds posted by a "Staff member" this appears to be a new departure in this area of the Board?

It is worthy of note that they are in the "unanswered" section of the board.

It IMO would appear that the "Feeds" are to a certain extent "adverts" or am I wrong [will not be the first time today?]

Who else ventures into the unanswered area of the Board??

Can you also spot an Advert?

Sponsored Links
I like the news link. I never knew about it but will look in now I do.

call me an old skeptic but advertising thinly disguised :rolleyes:
whilst i will never be drawn to look personally i understand it costs money to host a forum so have no problem with it (y)

Sponsored Links
What I find odd is that the "news" links appear to be adverts for all sorts of costly "Goodies" and even the need [apparently] for females to become Stone Masons, but? OK the board needs to be funded? but why have the links appear on this section of the board when it appears you cannot reply to the [covert] advert only be directed to a web site sponsored by the poster in the "news" section??

How come they are popping up in the unanswered part of the board? surly there is some sort of Admin logarithm that can keep the adverts penned into where they belong?

Just an observation, I must say that some of the Stuff in the news feed is of absolutely no interest at all whatsoever, to me at least ?

OK, I give up?

Out of what is it 25 Unanswered Posts in the Unanswered Questions section of the board there are only 3 actual questions? the rest of this board is now choked up with so called "News threads" some of which simply cannot be answered?

The news threads are posted by a "Staff member" possibly not a real person, just the computer program that runs this board?

I wonder if the inclusion of Un-Answered "News [Advertising] Threads" is some sort of an attempt to enhance the "News" section of the board?

Or? has an algorithm that has broken so that all and any Un-Answered threads end up in the Un-Answered section of the board?

What I am banging on about is that legitimate Un-Answered questions are being squeezed out??

Ken.

yes its getting a bit ott maybe half as many would be far less "unfriendly" :confused:

The news forum has been removed from unanswered threads :)

Sponsored Links
Back