Next one for the chop...

I knew that, just wondered why you told me that was the point of a VPN. You can watch anything streamed without a TV license, UNLESS it is iplayer you are watching. There was talk of the BBC trying to get TV manufacturers to install iplayer on their smart TV's, so you will have a device which can watch iplayer, so you will need a license. Crafty.
Crossed lines somewhere, I was replying to Dazzler.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is it the BBC's fault? Is it they who are prohibited from transmitting to elsewhere in the world?

Aren't different areas divided between suppliers even though they can't really keep up with modern communication methods to overcome it?

Sky UK is not allowed to transmit here as it would be in competition with the local equivalent companies - especially for the Sport.

Netflix Portugal is different than Netflix UK. You are only suppose to view the local one.

Sky UK is not allowed to transmit here as it would be in competition with the local equivalent companies - especially for the Sport.
I think that’s true in Spain but we can still get U.K. tv by satellite at our place in Costa Blanca in Spain although the footprint has been getting smaller over the years. Mind you, nobody has been out there since October 2019 so things might have changed by the next time we go. Might have to look at internet viewing via a vpn. We can always hook up to next doors Wifi. ;)

My mate who has a place in Sardinia uses my account when he's out there. It works for him.
I've tried a few VPN's and each one has not lasted long at all until iPlayer cottons and closes that ip address.
You can try to change your ip address via the VPN software, but that's not always successful, if they have any options available.
Then you have to go through the rigamarole of cancelling your subscription.

The whole concept is nonsense because a) there is no option to pay for a licence if you're abroad, and b) other channels have no such limitations, e.g. All4, etc.

I've tried a few VPN's and each one has not lasted long at all until iPlayer cottons and closes that ip address.
You can get a free trial of some paid ones. Try here https://www.vpnmentor.com/best-free-vpn-trials/?keyword=nordvpn free trial&geo=9044948&device=&cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=13178968499&cq_term=nordvpn free trial&cq_plac=&cq_net=g&cq_plt=gp&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlMaGBhD3ARIsAPvWd6iuarBJMZ2VpcC-J3_5s3dwhstY2tnyI5DsaO47dlHD2Ll20xGRBdAaAlwtEALw_wcB although even for me to access that site, I have to put my vpn on! When I signed up to NordVPN, I had to do it through my phones 4G connection as my provider was blocking access to Nord. Once I had signed up, I could download the app, activate the vpn and then log in to Nord.

Forget iPlayer. Forget VPN. Get a firestick, load kodi into it, sideload a few programme addons and get a Real Debrid account @£4 a month or @£30 a year and you can watch just about anything from around the world. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back