NHS finally being privatised - Paying more for less

Bankrupt.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's this or a system that doesn't work at all. Choose one.

I prefer order over chaos

No. You have been sold untruths. I feel sorry you feel so strongly that you would end up ruining yourself. Order and chaos? What is this a reflection of?

You are actually wanting a system that does not work unless you are in the top 1%. Why don't you have a conversation with an average american and ask them how is their healthcare. Even the Microsofts of this world are cutting back healthcare expensditure as they are saying its making taking on employees unaffordable.

So ask yourself why are you supporting a system that will mistreat you?

So ask yourself why are you supporting a system that will mistreat you?
Hawks minted. Why else would he scoff in the face of the NHS and champion a healthcare system that favours the wealthy few.

People think that because they are in BUPA and jump the NHS queues now, that this system would work the same if the NHS ceased and a private health care model came into force, dragging along the millions of patients (and the queues) with it.

I'm in favour of some privatisation, not completely. Far too many people don't take responsibility for their health because they know they can get free health care, perhaps it will encourage people to take care of themselves better and stop being so fat and lazy, which probably forms the bulk load of what the NHS has to deal with. 9/10 health problems are self inflicted. I'm in favour of contributing towards costs, paying to see a GP, etc. Don't want lung cancer? don't sit around on the dole smoking ciggies and swigging tinnys all day watching jeremy kyle. NHS is seen as a bottomless pit, which is a problem.

Sponsored Links
9/10 health problems are self inflicted

Yes, our rising costs are caused by our ageing population, so if more of them can be encouraged to shuffle off the mortal coil earlier, money will be saved.

Let's hope for a hard winter.

Theresa's promise to cut the pensioners' Winter Fuel Allowance was only a tiny step along the way.

I'm in favour of some privatisation, not completely. Far too many people don't take responsibility for their health because they know they can get free health care, perhaps it will encourage people to take care of themselves better and stop being so fat and lazy, which probably forms the bulk load of what the NHS has to deal with. 9/10 health problems are self inflicted. I'm in favour of contributing towards costs, paying to see a GP, etc. Don't want lung cancer? don't sit around on the dole smoking ciggies and swigging tinnys all day watching jeremy kyle. NHS is seen as a bottomless pit, which is a problem.
When you talk about some privatisation this is exactly what the Tories want.
With so called private and public health system the juicy bits of the health service were there is easy money to be made will be sold to the private sector , the hard cases the old , the disabled and those with long term health problems will be left to the NHS because no private health providers will want them because there is no Money to be made.
In a public health system every one pays the same and the risk is shared between old and young, in a private system what you pay is based on your individual circumstance ,if you are young and healthy you aren't really a risk and your premiums will reflect that but as you get older your premiums will rise to the point were some insurance companies won't cover you.

Theresa's promise to cut the pensioners' Winter Fuel Allowance was only a tiny step along the way.

JohnD thinks rich pensioners should get the winter fuel allowance. :mrgreen:

Clearly you think Sir Alan Sugar should still receive it :)

If Sugar is a resident and a taxpayer, he is also entitled to call on the Fire Brigade if his house catches fire. Perhaps you think he shouldn't be.

How much taxpayers' money do you waste in setting up a means-testing apparatus and getting aged, infirm and senile retired plumbers to fill in application forms and provide evidence of their savings? For £200 a year?

You do know that if it was private you probably wouldnt be able to afford healthcare and either end up dead or bankrupt?

Are you that spiteful you would cut your nose to spite your face?

I feel sorry for you that you are so angry and frustrated that you would consider such a thing. You are like those poor republicans votng to gut their healthcare.
In a private health care system cutting your nose off probably wouldn't be covered but the good news is under the NHS he would get treatment.

Re: The winter fuel allowance (and child benefit).

This has been made unfair by the Conservative's tax reductions for the wealthy and better off, thus unbalancing the system as the better off get child benefit, winter fuel payment AND tax cuts.

It's like child allowance.
When introduced, it was paid to all as this was the most cost effective way of dealing with it. Rather than costly means testing bureaucracy this was a flat rate payment to all mothers (because some husbands would have kept it for themselves) and recouped by adding the amount to the husband's tax bill - if they earned enough it would all have been recouped; if they didn't earn much then it would still be a benefit.

The NHS is not going to be privatised , but tax's will have to go up to keep it going

stick a TV camera in any ones face & ask them if they are prepared to pay more tax to fund the NHS & they will all say "yes"

now get em to vote for it , see if they all say "yes" ;)

want to save money on the NHS ? start telling all those who want sex changes or genda wat sit to fox trot oscar for a start.

those fruit cake dangerous criminals in broadmoor , send em on mine clearance duty

All those wishing to come here from abroad will have to have a full medical / body scan any one who does not pass , well they can fox trot oscar as well :) or take out health insurance for the 1st 2 years ???? untill they have paid a reasonable amount into the tax system.

When you talk about some privatisation this is exactly what the Tories want.
With so called private and public health system the juicy bits of the health service were there is easy money to be made will be sold to the private sector , the hard cases the old , the disabled and those with long term health problems will be left to the NHS because no private health providers will want them because there is no Money to be made.
In a public health system every one pays the same and the risk is shared between old and young, in a private system what you pay is based on your individual circumstance ,if you are young and healthy you aren't really a risk and your premiums will reflect that but as you get older your premiums will rise to the point were some insurance companies won't cover you.

The American private health insurance system is an example of how really bad a privately run health system can be. That system cant be allowed to happen here.

But there are much better example in Europe where health care is a mixture of public and private and provision is much better than here.

Is free at the point of entry a sustainable model for healthcare provision? Ive no idea, I just wonder if a mixed model is possible, but somehow made fair.

The reality is that healthcare is now very costly and will keep increasing. I believe current costs are £2,200.00 per person /yr

I wonder why UK healthcare is not quite as good as in our neighbouring countries?

HealthcareSpend2013.jpg

I wonder why UK healthcare is not quite as good as in our neighbouring countries?

View attachment 129794

Obviously that chart can change very shortly as we will have £350,000,000 quid extra per week to spend on the nhs.
And the foreign bred slackers who use and abuse the nhs FOC will have to think twice before they come here.
Roll on Brexit.

Sponsored Links
Back