No ID, No Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, a whole industry of vote rigging has been wiped out & forced to regroup to discuss their next tactics.
You can still vote by post. No actual check of who puts the x on the postal slip.
I assert that postal voting is the single worst thing that has happened to the democratic process in Britain, it should be scrapped immediately.
Wonder how many will want to vote, but won't get ID in time?
I don't want to vote - there is no-one to vote for. I agree with the ID requirement though, in principle; although in practice it won't work, the usual suspects will still fiddle it.

Sponsored Links
Vote for a bunch of councillers

Transam has zero interest in the caper so won’t be bothering :cool:

I sent in my postal vote as usual. Done so for years and don't see why more people do so: why wouldn't you?
Time was, a gentleman's word was his bond.

Sponsored Links
I sent in my postal vote as usual. Done so for years and don't see why more people do so: why wouldn't you?
It is easy to defraud, not every voter is a gentleman.

No, things only ever get worse.

There have been many more, several million in fact.

The more comprehensive studies have suggested that accusations of electoral fraud are quite common but proven cases are comparatively rare. Stuart Wilks-Heeg and colleagues, for example, provide a more comprehensive summary of the number of proven cases of electoral fraud in England 2010-12. The Electoral Commission have published data from between 2008 and 2013, with individual case data published for the first time last year. The headline conclusions from the Electoral Commission’s review in January were that: ‘Electoral fraud is not widespread across the UK and reports of significant fraud are focused in specific places in England, concentrated in a small number of local authority areas.’

When academics have studied electoral fraud in other established democracies, where it is also claimed to be common, they tend to conclude that it is in actual fact very rare. Accusations of electoral fraud, however, are often thought to be very common because they are often used to made by politicians seeking to undermine the legitimacy of the winner or seeking to make the case for more restrictive electoral laws from which they might gain partisan advantage...

The bigger story, however, is perhaps that one in five of electorate is not even on the electoral register. We should be therefore also considering provisions like election-day registration to help this and the evidence suggests extreme caution in abolishing postal voting.

Dr. Toby James@the UoEA

Time was, a gentleman's word was his bond.
I always send Mrs Motties postal vote in for her. ;)

Seriously, when we walk up to the polling station, we always take the dog for a walk. We don’t take her in so one of us stays outside with the dog while the other goes in, votes and then we swap over. Mrs Mottie always rolls her eyes when she is going in because I always say something like ”Remember what I told you - tick the top box" and we get some really funny looks from others that are outside who think I am controlling the way she votes. It makes me laugh anyway! :ROFLMAO:

Because people don’t look the same after 10 years? I think photocard driving licences are the same.

But the OP (of the quote to which I was referring) implied that out-of-date photo ID was not a problem.
Implication being that you'd still be recognisable.

I think the requirements for entering other countries is a little bit stiffer than voting for a local councillor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back