Not another one?

Sponsored Links
Doesn't sound too bad a deal tbh.

Not sure what the fine print says though.

UK-Norway trade deal set to be done by Saturday with tariffs slashed on British agriculture (msn.com)

I expect a few of the usual suspects will enlighten us on what a terrible deal it is.

Liz truss - what a woman.

Filly. Oh Filly. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can you tell me the impact of that.

As we have slashed tariffs on goods we hardly export to Norway.

The bulk of our trade with Norway is

The top 5 goods exported from the UK to Norwayin the four quarters to the end of Q4 2020 were:•793 -Ships (£618.4 million or 12.8% of all UK goods exported to Norway)•33O -Crude oil (£614.3 million or 12.7%)•792 -Aircraft (£458.6 million or 9.5%)•74I -General industrial machinery (intermediate) (£257.5 million or 5.3%)•71MI -Mechanical power generators (intermediate) (£247.0 million or 5.1%)

The top 5 goods imported to the UK from Norwayin the four quarters to the end of Q4 2020 were:•33O -Crude oil (£5.6 billion or 50.3% of all UK goods imported from Norway)•34 -Gas (£2.8 billion or 25.2%)•68 -Non-ferrous metals (£552.3 million or 4.9%)•33R -Refined oil (£241.2 million or 2.2%)•792 -Aircraft (£162.8 million or 1.5

Sponsored Links
As we have slashed tariffs on goods we hardly export to Norway.
You don't have tariffs on exports.
Well you could have, if the exporting country had a shortage and the prices were higher elsewhere, so tariffs are applied to reduce exports.
But normally tariffs are applied to imports to protect the home economy.

remind me, is it better or worse than the terms we had before resigning from the EU?

Better I'd say. We've cut the EU out of the deal. Shown how irrelevant they are now.

Sponsored Links
Back