not too nice a topic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hit and killed a dog on sunday, was on the dual carriageway doing about 60 when a big dog ran straight out in front of me, looked like a doberman type, f**k me what a fright i got, was in the car with my 8 year olds seen the dog had been looking in my mirrors and knew there was a car behind me in the inside lane (i was in outside) so i didnt want to swerve and panic him into crashing so i just braked hard hit the horn then hit the dog, oh deerie me what a mess, the dog was pan bread, the bumper, grill and vent are wrecked but hey ho we are all ok.
reported it to police, the officer asked was the dog moving after i hit it, i said yes for about 100yds then it stopped rolling, will cost me £100 excess for repairs, and got a phone call from insurance today asking if i had details of dog owner as they were going to pursue them for the costs, i didnt so the guy wasnt chuffed. first crash/incident in over 20years

Sponsored Links
Typical - you do the public a service then have to pay for it.

How is your kid? Not too upset by the episode I hope.

nah they were fine (8 year old twins) were whooping a bit when i braked and hit it but probably a bit of shock causing them to shout, we were on the way back from their guitar lesson and going to my uncles 80th party and they couldnt wait to tell everyone what happened :oops:

Pretty harrowing thing.

Don't suppose you went back and checked for a collar did you? Perhaps if you check with the Police to see if anyone reported their dog missing from that day in that area?

Irresponsible owners, don't they realise that keeping their dog properly contained in the garden/house is for their dog's safety too?

Sponsored Links
police said they would contact the council to get the dog lifted and they would look for a collar to identify owner to advise of accident and send a bill

The dog might be micro chipped, it would just need to be scanned by a vet and it will show the owners details.

Sad end for what was probably a family pet but as has been said, it shouldn't have been running loose.

Glad to hear you and the twins are ok.

Sad end for what was probably a family pet but as has been said, it shouldn't have been running loose.
looked like a doberman type

Shouldn't have been alive in the first place.

Family pet FFS

I trust that when Kirk said the owners would be sent a bill, it'll be for the repair to the car in full so it doesn't affect his no claims!

i'm an old guy with top protected no claims bonus so it will "only" cost me £100

i'm an old guy with top protected no claims bonus so it will "only" cost me £100
Not the point - it should be paid in full by the owners (withour your insurers getting involved), plus compensation to you for the shock and inconvenience of having to deal with, and suffer for, their negligence.

Shouldn't have been alive in the first place

Not a pet lover then Dex?

:LOL:
Not too keen on dogs - complete mystery why anyone wants to "own" one. Let alone dangerous, crazy fookers like a doberman or similar. Think I'd rather have peter sutcliffe as a pet TBH!

complete mystery why anyone wants to "own" one

Well I have three dogs.
Two sheep dogs and a terrier. One's quite good at killing mice and the other two are quite good sheep dogs. Plus they make a racket when a stranger approaches my land and property.
And yes they can distinguish vehicle sounds.
Gives me time to load the mossberg in case its someone up to no good.
Does that solve the mystery?

you lot astound me..

you were up in arms when I expressed a distain for cats but a dog gets splatted and the only thing you can say is that the thing shouldn't be allowed out and that the owners should be sued, or that people shouldn't keep dogs as pets..?

Sponsored Links
Back