not too nice a topic

Let alone dangerous, crazy fookers like a doberman or similar

Dobermans are not dangerous dogs, especially when brought up and trained properly. Dobermans are brilliant family dogs and are great with children, they are great house dogs

Sponsored Links
Dobermans are not dangerous dogs, especially when brought up and trained properly. Dobermans are brilliant family dogs and are great with children, they are great house dogs

Are you mad?

i own a gsd,and she our second 1 and i have grown up with them.
i suppose by your reckoning these too and very dangerous dogs to have round you and your children???

does your dislike of dogs in general stem from being frieghtened/attacked by them when younger??

like any dog there are good ones and bad ones,but at the end of the day even the bad ones are not at fault,it comes down to having bad owners and not treating the dog with understanding and respect,then when problems kick off they moan why the dogs has done what it has done.

i remeber years back sitting in my local hospital with a m8 and his girlfreind(unrelated to this thread)and there was a chap there with half his lip removed by a doberman,at first we all felt sorry for him until he let us all know why the dog attacked him,because the dog was in his way SO HE KICKED IT,i told him to shut the f... up and sit down before he gets a lyncing from everyone around him,he still didnt understand why the dog done it,what a tw@t.
i have a family freind who owns dobermans and has had them all his life and they are the most soppiest dogs i have ever met.

also have you seen some injurys that cats can do,bloody shocking,i also own a cat.

Sponsored Links
I love dogs and also agree it is the owners 95% of the time who are responsible for a dog being viscious

But I respect the fact that some people just don't like them and see no need for people to keep them. However, dogs can be very useful for all kinds of things. Putting aside the fact a lot of dogs are working dogs dogs as pets have great health benefits, they provide company for the old and lonely, they make you get out and walk which is good exercise, they can actually help people to recover from an illness by getting people to concentrate on the dog rather than sit there maudlin' about themselves. Owning a dog can also help you meet people when you take them for a walk or excercise and as already said, they can warn you of someone trying to gain access to your property.

All in all dogs are good to have around but if you have visitors who don't like them or are afraid of them you should respect that and keep the dog out of the way.

does your dislike of dogs in general stem from being frieghtened/attacked by them when younger??

No, my disdain comes from treading in their excrement, from watching the way that "owners" fawn over their smelly and slobbering carcases, and from the incessant yelping that they can be prone to.

I also detest that way that they are kept in towns and cities in small and inappropriate spaces, and the way that they frighten my children in parks and on beaches, by scampering around and jumping up at random towards them.

Most of all I feel contempt for those "owners" who feel that the canine species is to be considered as real companions, who provide "unconditional love". Clearly such people need to be sectioned under the mental health act :mad: :evil:

well that about sums up exactley what i have said about inconsiderate owners,its not the dogs themselves,
i allways take bags with me even if im walking my dog in the forest.

i do not let my dog off the lead in my local park because of other dogs but mainly because of any children that may be there.

and your contemp really made me laugh.

but hey this is my opinion and no doubt your opinion means more ;)

like it or not, dogs were bred from wolves and the like and enginered for a specific purpouse..

the soppiest dog in the world still has the instinct to hunt and kill things smaller than itself..

999,999 times out of a million it won't act on that instinct, but you never know if or when that 1 time will be..

granted yes a bad owner makes for a bad dog, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that a good owner can still have a bad dog..

thats why i have a dog,coz i own 3 yapping kids,now this is what keeps me sane :LOL:

They also make great companions. :rolleyes: Give me a dog any day in comparison to a yapping child.

So glad you can have an in depth two-way conversation with them and learn all about their experiences and escapades.

Are you related to Dr Doolittle?

and your contemp really made me laugh.

but hey this is my opinion and no doubt your opinion means more ;)
Indeed, funnily enough, my opinion does mean more to me than yours ;)

I base my observations on owners of the canine species partly on my brother's comments. Being an owner of a mutt, he once told me that "regardless of what sort of day he (my brother) has had, the dog will always be glad to see him". He also believes that this is a sign of "unconditional love". In my experience of "owners" of such beasts, this is not an untypical stance.

Very sad.

dextrous de vil wrote

So glad you can have an in depth two-way conversation with them

No I usually just give them a good slap when their yapping.
If that don't work I just set the dogs on em. ;)

hit and killed a dog on sunday, was on the dual carriageway doing about 60 when a big dog ran straight out in front of me, looked like a doberman type, f**k me what a fright i got, was in the car with my 8 year olds seen the dog had been looking in my mirrors and knew there was a car behind me in the inside lane (i was in outside) so i didnt want to swerve and panic him into crashing so i just braked hard hit the horn then hit the dog, oh deerie me what a mess, the dog was pan bread, the bumper, grill and vent are wrecked but hey ho we are all ok.
reported it to police, the officer asked was the dog moving after i hit it, i said yes for about 100yds then it stopped rolling, will cost me £100 excess for repairs, and got a phone call from insurance today asking if i had details of dog owner as they were going to pursue them for the costs, i didnt so the guy wasnt chuffed. first crash/incident in over 20years

I am so sorry to know this thing, especially for your kids, i hope they are okay now and don't remember more about the accident. I am also a dog lover, and doesn't want to hear accidents like that :( but still it should be your kids' shock the concern for this.

Thanks for sharing and take a lot of care next time. :)

Sponsored Links
Back