now I know why

Sponsored Links
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/8527950/Romanian-families-use-Big-Issue-loophole.html

I live in Manchester and noticed how many romanians are selling the big issue on Market Street, Piccadilyl Gardens and Cross Street.

Strange that, I thought you had to be homeless to sell the big issue?

How can you claim housing benefit, council tax benefit, and other benefits if you are self employed. Have I missed something? May try claiming for myself!

We have a Romanian peasant woman selling the BI permanently stationed outside our local Co-op. Gets dropped off every morning in a BMW. :rolleyes:

Yet more parasites allowed into this country to pick the welfare carcass clean.

Parasites?? Wtf?

Mr Oprea is the only member of the family who speaks English. He and his wife have now found better jobs – he works as a car wash attendant in Stockport and she works as a part-time cleaner.

They pay rent , council tax, income tax etc etc and you call them parasites?
If you want to see some parasites watch an episode of jeremy kyle. There are some parasites right there.

If you found your self in financial difficulties would you sell the big issue? I very much doubt it, fair play to them I say. You cant fault a tryer.

Sponsored Links
I realise that you are left-leaning, so you may be excused for not exactly being hard-wired to reality.

So, let me help you with an extract from the article

But Mr Oprea’s friends told him of a loophole. By selling the Big Issue magazine on the streets, he could register as “self-employed” and gain access to benefits and rights to work for his family.

Sounds like parasitic behaviour to me, coming to The UK, pretending to be homeless so that they can claim benefits, whilst serving no useful purpose or putting anything in to society.

So, Einstein. If these people are paying rent and council tax, how can they be homeless and selling the Big Issue? Fraudsters and parasites then? :rolleyes:

I thought that might have been obvious? no? allow me to explain it for you then.
They have obviously used this 'loophole' to better them selves and become useful , working , tax paying members of this country. They no longer sell the big issue.
How can you criticize someone for wanting to better them selves? Have you never bent a rule to put you in a better position from which everybody benefits? Its strange how the older generation have views such as yours and the younger generation , like me , see things differently , I think they call it progress. :LOL:

how can they pay their bills by selling the BIG ISSUE....

They dont work for the big issue.

I think they call it progress. :LOL:

I think they call it, tunnel vision. One out of thousands make good so they are all above criticism. :rolleyes:

I am only talking about the family in the report in the link, how do I know what the rest of the Romanian population of our country are like? Jeremy Kyle could be too good for them for all I know.

thatbloke; if you read the article, it says that unskilled workers from Romania would not be allowed to work & claim benefits in the UK. The loophole was that if they registered as being self-employed, they'd be allowed over. By being self-employed, they were then entitled to the various benefits available; housing benefit, council tax benefit, child benefits, etc.

It also allowed the 'dependents' of the self-employed individual(s) to live & work in the UK. Now, the subjects of the article are claiming child tax credits & housing benefit. Of the 8 members of the family over here, only 1 of them speaks English.

I've expressed my desire to leave this country on here before. This isn't Britain anymore; I'm only 22 but even I can see how things have changed since I wa' a lad. People used to work for a living. You could walk down the street and only hear people speaking English. You didn't have gangs to the extent that we do now. Cleaners were English. The people in the chippy were English.

Now we're left with workshy chavs. Walk down a main road and the people you encounter will be speaking their (foreign) native language. You often encounter gangs. Cleaners barely speak a word of English. The people behind the counter in the chippy don't know what 'scraps' are.

Call me racist. Call me whatever you want; the fact is, the Britain you & I grew up in no longer exists. Multiculturalism has failed. EU immigration has failed. New Labour have failed ordinary, hard-working British folk.

Yup at 22 that's pretty much a racist post,. It's called being part of the EU, in Europe, the Brits are seen as being old fashioned, and out of step, maybe you need to get out more? Polish people in this country are renowned for their hard working ethic, something that the Brits take for granted, I agree that the country I grew up isn't what it was, but it's always been since 1066, when the French took over. Britain is multicultural, get used. Always was, always will.

I don't know what 'scraps' are in the chippy, and I'm English, British. My fiancee used to work in a chippy, and said 'scraps' are the left over bits of frying, why would you want to eat those?

So if you dont like it you are free to leave , become a migrant worker, oh hang on , you dont agree with that do you? :LOL:

No offence fella but at 22 you are still very much growing up.

Engstudent - A guy of 24 here, completly agreeing with your views. This country really has gone to the dogs!

Its strange how the older generation have views such as yours and the younger generation , like me , see things differently , I think they call it progress. :LOL:

No offence fella but at 22 you are still very much growing up.

Do make your mind up kid... :rolleyes:

Mutley_laughing.gif

Sponsored Links
Back