Old Conservatives don't understand

Sponsored Links
Filly loves to spread false stories.
Its not a false story - its a real story, sounds like the house was empty for a while before they brought it and the councils info was outdated.
And its all about this
Well we need more social Housing in order to house all the new immigrants that will be coming to The UK
Could be an emergency policy introduced any one with a spare room will be forced to take in a migrant ???
You shouldn’t joke about that.

"we need more social Housing"

Because the nation has insufficient homes, leading to housing shortages and high prices.

Sponsored Links
The story filly posted was false because he deliberately omitted the facts that show what really happened

He intended to create a false impression.
Get used to it. Truth and opinions are always biased. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and selective use of statistics is on the rise.

More than 550,000 affordable homes were completed during the period of Labour government. The most completed in any subsequent year of Conservative or coalition government has been about 66,000.

Fullfact.org

More than 550,000 affordable homes were completed during the period of Labour government. The most completed in any subsequent year of Conservative or coalition government has been about 66,000.

Fullfact.org
why are you comparing 13 years to 1 year did anyone say in here that they had built more in 1 year than labour did in 13 ?

why are you comparing 13 years to 1 year did anyone say in here that they had built more in 1 year than labour did in 13 ?
I'm not...

Fullfact.org

We built more affordable homes in one year of the incoming Conservative government after 2010—or Coalition government—than the Labour party did in 13 years in office.
B. de Piffle 9/6/22

Another porky by the porky one.

According to the chart in odds’ link the conservatives out performed Labour fairly consistently.

Affordable house building tanked under blair. Conservatives out performing Labours best years - 6 times.

Delusional nonsense from the forum troll and liar.

Even your “facts” are wrong.

Firstly, the cost to build is usually significantly less than the market value, sometimes less than half.
Secondly, right to buy has caps and those eligible will have had to qualify with points that are geared to the most needy

I’m sorry you didn’t qualify, but neither did I. I am ok with government incentives to help poorer people buy homes even though I have never qualified. I’m also happy that my taxes go to help them, taxes which I am certain dwarf your contribution.
But if the council is forced to sell off our assets at less than market price. Then other landlords should have to too.

They often house those that would qualify if in a council house and pay the landlord higher rent than the council house would cost.

The real answer is more council housing. And if it is to be sold off should be compulsory to be replaced.

Why should "few" landlords acquire properties off the backs of taxpayers in this way.

I have nothing against private landlords, but not when they are financed by councils = taxpayers

According to the chart in odds’ link the torries out performed Labour fairly consistently.

Affordable house building tanked under blair.
But the number of homes being built was on the rise til the financial crash of 2008 - stopping Gordon Brown's planned increase of new builds.

But hopes for a revolution in housing supply were soon dashed by the collapse of the global financial market. Banks stopped lending; developers stopped building; home building rates plunged to historically low levels. The HCA’s chief role became the housing market’s rescuer rather than accelerator. As UK development figures plummeted through 2008 to an all time low of just 37,380 completions in the first quarter of 2009, the HCA pumped an extra £1.5 billion of taxpayers’ money to kick-start stalled projects and help social landlords build through the credit crunch.

Inside Housing.co.uk

Sponsored Links
Back