Older kids...

S

Sombrero

Any of you got older kids?...

If so, how do you discipline them?.. I have three, the eldest just entering teenagerdom... and the 'naughty step' doesn't really work anymore... 'grounding' is starting to get a "whatever" face..... and they're gonna be taller than me in a couple of months !!!

What's left?

Sponsored Links
dunno m8,my eldest is 17 is 6'4" in his socks size 13 shoes a GOB TO MATCH.
can end up in a screaming match,its the typical KEVIN AND PERRY scenario,fingers crossed it will get better.

A few generations ago a threat to 'send them into the Army' seemed to work.

Then, of course, we had National Service which, in my humble opinion, instilled a sense of duty and acceptable behaviour in most (at least) of those who benefited from that provision.

Sponsored Links
can end up in a screaming match,its the typical KEVIN AND PERRY scenario,fingers crossed it will get better.

6'4"??? is that all? lol

Why are most kids well over 6ft these days?

If so, how do you discipline them?.. I have three, the eldest just entering teenagerdom... and the 'naughty step' doesn't really work anymore... 'grounding' is starting to get a "whatever" face..... and they're gonna be taller than me in a couple of months !!!

What's left?

Tell them you'll phone the dole up, when they sign on in the future, that they were lazy and never cleaned their bedrooms.......if they have one.

What's left?

Tell them you'll phone the dole up, when they sign on in the future, that they were lazy and never cleaned their bedrooms.......if they have one.

Libby Libby, I've known you for many years.... What are you on about with "the Dole?" lol

What's left?

I have three boys, the eldest 13. He's not taller, but he sure is as strong as me!

I find locking his Android phone a good threat along with disabling his PC. He'd die without them.

I have control of the router password and can disable their internet access at will :LOL:

The fun and games of finding size 13 trainers, especially if like me he has wide feet!

,fingers crossed it will get better.
How bizarre - Must be something in the Sussex water . I was 6`2 and with 13s shoes @ 17 - not gobby @ home because parents were old skool disciplinarians :LOL: but when out and about with my trusty Triumph 650 I was the scourge of Sussex - back in the day :cool: Gobby but only got what I deseved a couple of times in the decade 1970-1980 . must have processed a few gallons of Harvey`s too . Bitter with an Elizabethan Ale chaser - happy days . Definitely get more sensible around 20 yrs old ;)

I have control of the router password and can disable their internet access at will :LOL:

Same here Matty. A few hours is all it takes to get my eldest tidying up his bedroom and speaking civilly to us both (at least for a short while) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back