On the subject of "grassing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I often get involved in threads only to find parts have been deleted because of the so called abusers, this sometimes also involves the removal of no abusive post with valid comments, it's time for admin to get a grip and banish these troll like creatures for good.
There certain members on here that only input is revilement, vituperation, scurrility or just total sad and lonely nonsense.
You could have broken it to me gently :cry: :LOL: :LOL:

Personally I can't see the point of repeatedly reporting posts .... I think it just makes the situation worse..
Why is having pointless and abusive posts removed making things worse? It allow sensible banter and debate about the subject matter to continue without having to even skim read worthless comments to realise that it was well worth ignoring.

Because I think if you ignore them...they are more likely to just get fed up and go away....if you get the post removed they just post again. Its very boring being ignored....
It seems strange that you appear to 'hound' one person.
There are lots of posts an here that could maybe be found offensive...its the nature of the beast...sometimes you just have to accept it.
As PBD says:
There certain members on here that only input is revilement, vituperation, scurrility or just total sad and lonely nonsense.
Admin either get tough with these people or nothing will change.

Sponsored Links
It seems strange that you appear to 'hound' one person.
It's an interesting allegation/assertion which, having pondered over, I refute.

In my day-job I have to occasionally perform some "behaviour correction techniques" ;) There are a tiny minority of pupils who perpetually misbehave and have to be dealt with frequently. As such, I'm not "picking on them"; it is they who choose to be "picked on" by their unwillingness to change their miscreant ways.

The analogy holds true on here.

Also, by having their posts removed, they may well begin to realise the futility of continuing in this fashion since there is nothing for them "in posterity" which, given the sad "attention seeking" individuals that they are is a darned sight more effective.

I think for persistent abusers, the admin should delay their posts, until the have been proof read for violations of the rules, then allow them to be submitted providing there are no violations.
That would put a stop to it!

Easily done,its called moderator approval.
But when its busy the replies could take a while to be screened and would look out of context in a busy thread.

I think for persistent abusers, the admin should delay their posts, until the have been proof read for violations of the rules, then allow them to be submitted providing there are no violations.
That would put a stop to it!
Pre-modding posts is possible on some structures, but I'm not sure that php allows individual posters to be placed on this queue. Would be a useful feature though, and I would be more than willing to "police" one or two potential candidates ;)

(Martian - you're one of them. I'll be watching you :LOL: :LOL: )

But when its busy the replies could take a while to be screened and would look out of context in a busy thread.
Wasn't aware of that setting. Of course, it is entirely possible to create a mod whose sole modding capability is on one section of the forum. May be worth considering to help police GD and allow the pro-mods to focus on the main DIY boards :idea:

As for the psots being out of context, a lot of troll posts are out of context anyway, so it wouldn't make much difference.

That would be the whole point, if they can not be interactive in real time. Hopefully they start changing their ways!

As already stated, the best way to deal with a troll is to ignore it. However that will only work if the troll is ignored by everyone every-time. Unfortunately that does not happen and the troll gets fed.

Trolls are sad people who have sad lives and are suffering from mental health issues, why else would they behave the way they do?

I am all for hitting the alert button, but I am not so sure that doing so gets us anywhere. Would love to be proved wrong about that though.

I would say that ignore it in as much as not respond to nor quote it is fine, but also hit the alert button to have it removed. Thus he has nothing to "bounce back" at individuals, and all his hard work will be for nothing since he has not idea if the intended member of the audience actually got to read it or not.

I would say that ignore it in as much as not respond to nor quote it is fine, but also hit the alert button to have it removed. Thus he/sheep has nothing to "bounce back" at individuals, and all his hard work will be for nothing since he has not idea if the intended member of the audience actually got to read it or not.

TBH I'm all for just hitting the troll rather than the alert button, but I'm old fashioned that way!
This post wont last long!

I would say that ignore it in as much as not respond to nor quote it is fine, but also hit the alert button to have it removed. Thus he has nothing to "bounce back" at individuals, and all his hard work will be for nothing since he has not idea if the intended member of the audience actually got to read it or not.

still a grass.... and what is your other name that you were banned for...

just a simple question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back