Once upon a time

I was always more of a lurker than regular poster, but recently I've been lurking elsewhere.
I come to DIY not for DIY discussion and a bit of light banter, not endless arguments about racism, perceived racism or the possible implyment of racism.
I'm sorry if I'm boring you.
Which would you prefer, explicit racism, homophobia, islamophobia, etc, and other abuse going unchallenged, or criticism and challenge to that racial abuse?

I can keep up the challenge and ridicule of the habitual abusers for as long as they continue with their abuse. :D

Or would you pefer that I stop challenging that abuse and allow it to continue?

IMO, that is to acquiesce to racial and other abuse. Something that my values won't allow me to accept. If that makes me a target for the abusers, I can live with that.
It matters to me that I live by my values, and that includes challenging racial and other abuse.

If that means that GD forum descends into continual rounds of abuse, then the simple solution is to stop the abuse at source, i.e. racial and other abuse. Then there'd be no reason for me to be involved.

Surely the alternative is to allow the abuse to continue unabated.

Sponsored Links
Look through a lot of threads RH and you'll see it's actually you that starts the bloody abuse. (hint,,,,, there's a world of difference between "banter" and downright "abuse"). ;) ;)

If you can't stand the heat,, stay well away from the kitchen. ;)

If you think it's just banter to use racially abusive comments, then you need education. If you think it's just banter to insult one's family, then you're failing to understand what constitutes abuse.

I am only involved bcause the abuse is persistent, offensive, and continuous.

You are correct in that it is me that challenges the abuse. That abuse is initiated by the habitual abusers. Now if you fail to realise that they are being abusive, you're mistaken.
No abuse means no challenge. Simples

Look through a lot of threads RH and you'll see it's actually you that starts the bloody abuse. (hint,,,,, there's a world of difference between "banter" and downright "abuse"). ;) ;)

I can't read what Jimbo wrote, because I have him on ignore - happy days!

I can imagine it's the same old twaddle. Just need a few more to hit the no more gormless, lefty, diversity drivel/ignore coathanger button and maybe he'll get bored of patronising an audience that doesn't exist any more.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes. I'm looking out for a new thread where there is nothing but a long string of posts stating that 'This post is hidden...'

They do say that the first sign of ensuing madness is talking to yourself!

Sponsored Links
We had,Blas,Tim west,Coldjack,Alarm,Snico.Lifesagasman,Conny,Wotan and many more who used to keep GD moving at a fair old lick,now we have Rouge..........................

Pop in occassionally Enyam but have better things to do with my time than listen to a pious meglomaniac destrying every single thread that anyone posts, all because he sees racism, insults, abuse, ridicule, homo/islam/gypsy/.....phobia in a perfectly sensible post.

As an example: Just started to read a 4 page thread regarding roundabouts. It moved completely away from the topic before the end of page 1

Now that is a great incentive to any newcomers to get involved.
(For the benefit of RH that last comment was sarcasm)

We had,Blas,Tim west,Coldjack,Alarm,Snico.Lifesagasman,Conny,Wotan and many more who used to keep GD moving at a fair old lick,now we have Rouge..........................

Pop in occassionally Enyam but have better things to do with my time

Yeah I know young love and all that. :LOL:

I remember your name from when I first joined Conny.
mrstraetz.gif

They were nicer days before trolls, or a troll, hijacked the entire Board.

(Er, hope I didn't come on too strong there?) ;)

I remember your name from when I first joined Conny.
mrstraetz.gif

They were nicer days before trolls, or a troll, hijacked the entire Board.

(Er, hope I didn't come on too strong there?) ;)

When I first joined we had Joe90, of course, but despite his sh1t-stirring he was often humorous at the same time. We don't see him much now, but I find his posts these days are sensible and constructive. Even in his prime, I never once considered putting him on 'ignore'.

Coathanger is just an arrogant and insidious troublemaker with a very obvious chip on his shoulder. I, and several others, now have him on ignore. I'm sure that if and when everyone does the same he will completely disappear.

...Coathanger is just an arrogant and insidious troublemaker with a very obvious chip on his shoulder. I, and several others, now have him on ignore. I'm sure that if and when everyone does the same he will completely disappear.

Add me to the list.

If you think it's just banter to use racially abusive comments, then you need education. If you think it's just banter to insult one's family, then you're failing to understand what constitutes abuse.

Did you actually read my post there Jim?? I don't think you did.. You are probably the most abusive poster on GD. Your posts contain abuse (not even disguised), directed at other posters directly. Don't ever forget,,, your the one who's creating the furore, about racism (was your mother Mary bloody Whitehouse? ) I reckon if I started a thread about photographing the night sky, you'd shout "Racism" because the bloody background was black. About time you were banned again (and when you undoubtedly are, don't forget to re-join with a thinly disguised username starting with the initials RH)

Pop in occassionally Enyam but have better things to do with my time than listen to a pious meglomaniac destrying every single thread that anyone posts, all because he sees racism, insults, abuse, ridicule, homo/islam/gypsy/.....phobia in a perfectly sensible post.

As an example: Just started to read a 4 page thread regarding roundabouts. It moved completely away from the topic before the end of page 1

Now that is a great incentive to any newcomers to get involved.
(For the benefit of RH that last comment was sarcasm)
Couldn't have put it better myself mucker - even though you are a scouse g*t :LOL:
Thanks for the mention Enyam and hi. I look in occasionally, when I have the chance, but normally too busy to post any replies.
It appears that one person can certainly help destroy every post with his inane obloquy towards anyone that dares question his every response.
That person has to realise that we live in a democracy and are entitled to freedom of speech, the very same that he is trying to eliminate because of his myopic view on life as a whole. We can and will stand up for our rights, albeit perhaps, not to his high moral standing. He accuses nearly everyone on here of either being a racist or abuser - sometimes both.
I have read the posts that he claims certain people are racist because they dare say *****, Muslim or any other terminology that he isn't comfortable with. Well, I have news for him / her. When I first joined here, we had characters, too many to name in person, but they know who they are. We had debates about everything, from football ( Mancs v Scousers ) still laugh at those - to politics, to jokes, to almost everything.Some debates got heated, but never out of hand or abusive.
We felt like a mini community that had lives and thoughts of our own, but took on board the reasoning behind others posts that didn't always match our own ideas. Just because we didn't agree on a subject of another poster, we didn't hold up the race card or call them abusers.
There will always be differences of opinion in any subject that you can name, that is the way of life, but, it appears that one ideologist has a different slant on life to the rest of us.

The person in question is on a mission to disrupt / destroy the site. He has been banned several times and has a vendetta against the admin, so he is determined to include the word "abuse" as many times as he can in every post so that search engines bring up diynot in searches for the same. Not to mention he invades every thread bringing it back to the same agenda. Seems like admin have been leaving him to run out of steam and get bored, but think given the downer he's putting on the mini community here it'd be worth considering calling his bluff and honouring his previous request - to delete his accounts and everything he has ever posted.

Sponsored Links
Back