Ooooh, just noticed

My personal point of view is this:

By America seeking revenge for the attacks on 9/11, Iraq was seen as suitable target of revenge. The Americans wanted to kick Arab ass (cos all Arabs are the same aren't they???) and they chose Iraq due to the ongoing tittle tattle since the Gulf War.

The invasion of Iraq had nothing to do with Weapons Of Mass Destruction. If Iraq did have these Weapons we would have known about it cos UK/US weapons manufacturers would have sold them to them!

No, this was revenge and in doing so, the fundamentalists have probably won much support of the Iraqi public as (peacekeeping) troops are now seen as aggressors occupying their country! The infadels!

Now, Saddams regeme was not a good thing, but didn't we provide a lot of support to Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war? When it suited the West of course!

For all of the West's efforts in trying to establish peace in Israel, have we succeeded? Er no, we never will - It is no good trying to interfere in other countries politics. It seems ironic to me when we are trying to put the world to rights when we have a sh+t fight in our own back yard? The only blessing is I guess that in the same way that Moslims and Terrorists have been tarred with the same brush. Maybe Islamic terrorists and IRA terrorists have also? Is this why the IRA have vanished from our media?

I am of the understanding that a lot of funding for the IRA originated from the USA, has this now evapourated since 9/11 when terror was brought to the Americans doorstep?

It's very interesting to read other peoples points of view, plus the advantage with forums is, you can get a word in edgways - which is not always easy when talking politics as emotions tend to run high!

Maybe, DIYnot Admin should add another topic: Middle East Peace Talks! :D

Sponsored Links
dingbat said:
I've heard, by the way, that even women are allowed to vote these days. Dear, oh dear, what is the country coming to?

Christ, can they? Bl##dy hell, they'll want driving licences so they can drive to the polling station next!

I keep hearing/reading comments about 9/11. What I want to know is what actually happened on the ninth of November. We're not American yet, you know.

I saw a great local ad the other day, offering 24/7 service Mon-Fri. I laughed my cock off!

Sponsored Links
Taken from Vernon Coleman book.

Tony Blair has shamed us.

I am ashamed that Tony Blair is our Prime Minister. Has there ever been a more disreputable, more hypocritical, dishonest man in charge of Britain? I can't think of one. Blair has defied and ignored the will of the people time and time again. He has taken us into war after war and has singlehandedly, and with no good reason, made Britain one of the three major terrorist targets in the world. (The other two being Israel and America - hardly nations with which we can be proud to be associated.) Bush and Blair are today's Hitler and Mussolini.

I am ashamed that Britain now seems to be linked inextricably with America - the world's number one terrorist nation. I am ashamed that our Government obediently supports the illegal activities of Israel - in order not to upset the Americans.

I am ashamed that Britain is now fighting a religious war in order to support the aims and ambitions of zealots in the USA and Israel. I am ashamed that Britain has become the BAD nation. Britain has become part of the modern axis of evil.

I am ashamed that we should be allied with a nation (America) which seems to care so little when its soldiers commit heinous war crimes. (A country which has made itself exempt from international law so that its soldiers cannot be tried for war crimes.)

In the eyes of the world, Britain is inextricably linked to the USA. We are responsible for what their soldiers do. If two men rob a bank and one kills a guard the robber who did not pull the trigger is still held responsible.

When America uses landmines and cluster bombs (both illegal) Britain is responsible. When American troops torture Iraqi prisoners Britain is responsible.

The behaviour of these war criminals is unforgiveable. But maybe that is what happens when leaders take their armies into illegal and immoral wars. Bush and Blair must take responsibility for the actions of the soldiers they sent into battle so cruelly, so wickedly and so unnecessarily.

You and I must do everything in our power to throw George W. Bush and Tony Blair out of office. Those who do nothing must share responsibility for their actions.

dingbat said:
I keep hearing/reading comments about 9/11. What I want to know is what actually happened on the ninth of November. We're not American yet, you know.

I saw a great local ad the other day, offering 24/7 service Mon-Fri. I laughed my cock off!
what's a 24th of July service for?

Adam ... you are now playing like an old stager .... Light the blue touch paper and stand well clear !!

Bit like the demos you can witness across the globe ... don't see many tweenagers chucking rocks with tableclothes tied about their bonce !!
Actually it is a sad thing ... it aint just the media manipulating the youngsters ... seems like everyone !!

P

Hi Masona ... Is this the same guy ? quote ... The well-known medical journalist and writer Dr Vernon Coleman has often written about the enjoyment of wearing women's underwear. ...
Read it here
Just checking his ..ahem !! credentials ... is all ! ;) ;)
P

dingbat said:
I keep hearing/reading comments about 9/11.

Don't worry, I always think the same thing myself. US independence day is actually the 7th of April, they celebrate it on the wrong day.

They say there is a risk to London, but has anyone considered: 11/9 was chosen as the date to attack NY, because in the US date system it is written 9/11 and that is their emergency services number.

However, the number in London is 999. There is no 99th of September, nor is there a 99th month. So they will never be able to do it here.

Another thing: the World Trade Centre was permanently vacated after a terrorist bomb back in 1996...

I am talking about the World Trade Centre in London E14, of course ;)

interesting theory

but as you know they are fanatics they can justify killing women and
children indescriminatly afterall they are going somwhere special
to be with thier gods

as for your theory about emergency numbers hows about 6th june gone
give or take a day :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It seems strange that the US should reduce one of their great disasters to a sound bite i.e. 9/11. It sounds like one of their old supermarket stores - 7/11.

A year ago our company had a minutes silence on the 9th Sept. I found that a bit strange as well and was wondering what would happen this year but of course it fell on a Saturday so the question didn't arise. I have great respect and sympathy for all those involved in that tragedy but it was an American event. Minute silences can become degraded in value if we have them all the time.

All the middle east policy looks a bit sick at the moment. Invaded Afghanistan to get rid of the Taliban who were sheltering Al Quaeda but have since failed to make the place secure - result the UN are withdrawing from various towns and the heroin poppy harvest is in full swing. Invaded Iraq for some reason, yet to be determined, and have created a backlash of islamic fundamentalism against the US and anybody else in the way. Saddam was an evil person but Iraq was a secular society under him (probably because he understood the threat to him from the extremists and shot anybody who got in his way). Now it looks as though we'll be there for years to come. Containment of Saddam was a far better policy.

And all this is meant to make the world a safer place - I don't think so.

Meanwhile, one of the countries who has the technology to not only build but also deliver a nuclear weapon - North Korea gets a ticking off now and again but the US won't touch them because of the potential come back from China and because NK can pack a powerful punch. One rule for the weak and another for the strong.

Rant over.

What politician sleeps easily with their conscience?

Ian, I think it's one rule for profit and another for humanity....

Once again, technology defeats the efforts of mankind. I just posted an in depth irrefutable argument as to how we could all live in total harmony and peace when the DIYNOT server started doling out Internal Server error 500 (ISS perchance :!:) Well now we'll all suffer 'cos I can't be bothered to type it all in again. :(

AdamW said:
[They say there is a risk to London, but has anyone considered: 11/9 was chosen as the date to attack NY, because in the US date system it is written 9/11 and that is their emergency services number.

However, the number in London is 999. There is no 99th of September, nor is there a 99th month. So they will never be able to do it here.

Mmmm, I can think of a date...11th August???
118118.jpg

IanDB said:
Minute silences can become degraded in value if we have them all the time.

I wholeheartedly agree. I think it's also time we got a sense of perspective about sharing in everybody's grief. All the public mourning crap at Di's demise seems to have overflowed into everyday events and the mere mention of a death in the news prompts spontaneous outpourings of flowers from people who have nothing whatsoever to do with the event. Soon we'll start to see roadside shrines in honour of Tiddles and Scruff, knocked down in their prime... they had so much to live for... I'm sorry but we've turned into a nation of wimps.

Sponsored Links
Back