outdoor bulkhead lights

Sponsored Links
their are some tosers on here thats for sure.

guy who said i do not give a **** - i do to a certain point.

fesstoon recomender thank you.

to the legal eagles and shed banner.

is this legal without any of your building control stuff:

110v site transformer, placed on my patio - 240v cable coming through a open window to a wall socket, pluged in and turned on of course.

a set of fesston lights then pluged into the site transformer - lights curled up on the patio floor in a mess.

is the above ok or not???

is this legal without any of your building control stuff:

110v site transformer, placed on my patio - 240v cable coming through a open window to a wall socket, pluged in and turned on of course.

a set of fesston lights then pluged into the site transformer - lights curled up on the patio floor in a mess.

is the above ok or not???

Since none of that is fixed, Building Regs do not apply. EAW might if you have anyone doing work on your property though :)

to the legal eagles and shed banner.

is this legal without any of your building control stuff
I did not write the law.

If you don't like it then lobby your MP to get it changed.

Don't have a go at me for trying to get you to understand what it says.

Sponsored Links
Maybe it's just that in my day to day life I don't mix with people who look for offence when none is there.

I bet in your day to day life you don't go round calling people you have only just met TW@ or pillock to their face though?

Probably a bit more mealy mouthed in person, I'd wager ;)

Martin

Reading this thread I'm surprised the Daily Mail hasn't hooked onto this and declare the nanny state has made all outside Christmas lights illegal to put up freely yourself (which essentially it has).

"Sorry kids no presents this year - I've got to pay £200 to the LABC to hook those fairy lights round the front door".

so i can get away with using a site transformer? fesston lights are 110v and come on strings of around 15 and 25 meters, these lights are site lights and will be bright enough.

am i alowed to attacth the fesstoon lights to my fence (i suspect i am)

if this is all ok, i now have 110v in my garden, my problem is solved and i have in affect my bulkhead lights!!

oh i now can also use outdoor 110v heaters!!

seems this law is an arse, as i can simply use 110v site equipment without having to notify anyone - love it.

Part P covers all domestic electrical installations in England or Wales supplied at LV or ELV, 110v is classed as LV (also called Reduced Low Voltage in the regs.)
Hopefully Xmas lights will fall under work on "pre-fabricated equipment sets and associated flexible leads with integral plug and socket connections" which is non-notifiable.

so i can get away with using a site transformer? fesston lights are 110v and come on strings of around 15 and 25 meters, these lights are site lights and will be bright enough.

am i alowed to attacth the fesstoon lights to my fence (i suspect i am)

if this is all ok, i now have 110v in my garden, my problem is solved and i have in affect my bulkhead lights!!

oh i now can also use outdoor 110v heaters!!

seems this law is an a**e, as i can simply use 110v site equipment without having to notify anyone - love it.

Actually once you attach it to your fence it becomes fixed, so notifiable.

You could stand around all day and night holding it up yourself if you want.

I do hope you are not planning on tying up site lights as a permanent installation in your garden. LABC might not like it.

Colin C

Colin C

site lights are how im going these site lights are no different to me fitting bnq 12v lights to my fence, and when i say attached i mean tied with cable ties or string

the 110v transforemer and lights are not a permanet fitting so the regs dont apply, ive just bought transforemer today and will be buying the festoon lights through the week

the fesston lights will be staying up, and the transforemer will be fitted into a weather proof housing, this will be my out door lighting system

site lights are how im going these site lights are no different to me fitting bnq 12v lights to my fence, and when i say attached i mean tied with cable ties or string

the 110v transforemer and lights are not a permanet fitting so the regs dont apply, ive just bought transforemer today and will be buying the festoon lights through the week

Just do them the way you originally wanted to, if anyone asks tell them they were fitted in Dec 2004. Don't forget the advice about the CPC.

cheers mate, i think its disgusting the hoops you have to jump through to simply light up your garden!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back