Periods

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 13 year old is getting heavy bleeding and pain with her periods.

the school will not give her a special pass (that exists for some) to get up an go to the loo.

They won't take her or her mums word for it that she needs this pass.

They want a doctors letter. The doctors want £25 for such a thing her mum has been told yet she can't even get her an appointment.

Mrs Bod is talking from experience. Experience that the mail teachers have never been through and most of the women teachers.

Where is the common sense from the surgery or the School?

Sponsored Links
My daughter has similar problems at that age. We kept her home when it was bad and just told her that if it came on when in school, to just inform the teacher and come home. Fortunately school was local so not a problem.

or her mums word for it

I can maybe understand the school not accepting the word of a pupil, but the should absolutely listen to a parent.

Personally I think primary education has been ruined by the national curriculum and ofsted, everything is regimented. Schools are too scared to make any pragmatic decisions in case they are wrong, so just say no to everything….”computer says no”

My daughter has similar problems at that age. We kept her home when it was bad and just told her that if it came on when in school, to just inform the teacher and come home. Fortunately school was local so not a problem.

They are a very strict school and unlike her Dad she is shy.

I've said if you need to go then go. But she won't. This is stressing her.

Sponsored Links
Tell them you will get a letter which is unnecessary as you are informing them personally so will want reimbursed for letter . Same as when an employer asks for a letter for self certified sickness

I can maybe understand the school not accepting the word of a pupil, but the should absolutely listen to a parent.

Personally I think primary education has been ruined by the national curriculum and ofsted, everything is regimented. Schools are too scared to make any pragmatic decisions in case they are wrong, so just say no to everything….”computer says no”
Mrs Bod says that they should be taking her word.

At a school meeting I pulled one of the teachers about it. The reply ws if we do it for one then we have to do it for all. I then educated her with a bit of simple maths. Less than half of the school could pull that trick.
Judging by the female teachers that don't have heavy periods then only a small portion of girls who had it in them would fake it.

The parent should write to them formally. Request that they make reasonable adjustments and set out what those reasonable adjustments are. Suggest that you do not intend to seek any further advice on the matter nor will you be requesting a letter from your doctor, which will incur costs. Provide the name and address of the doctor and pre authorise the necessary disclosure should they wish to confirm directly with the doctor.

If you would like some words. Let me know.

My 13 year old is getting heavy bleeding and pain with her periods.

the school will not give her a special pass (that exists for some) to get up an go to the loo.

They won't take her or her mums word for it that she needs this pass.

They want a doctors letter. The doctors want £25 for such a thing her mum has been told yet she can't even get her an appointment.

Mrs Bod is talking from experience. Experience that the mail teachers have never been through and most of the women teachers.

Where is the common sense from the surgery or the School?

Common sense went out when the Government wanted to micro manage schools and contract them out to private trusts.

Schools are a crap shoot by design.

Common sense went out when the Government wanted to micro manage schools and contract them out to private trusts.

Schools are a crap shoot by design.

Thier not Robots. Their grown ups with period pains of their own.

Thier not Robots. Their grown ups with period pains of their own.

They want to make sure they have high attendance records so they can show they are a well performing school or the inspectors will put them into special measures.

Stop reading the Dm and get informed.

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...-headteacher-suicide-ruth-perry-coroner-rules

They want to make sure they have high attendance records so they can show they are a well performing school or the inspectors will put them into special measures.

Stop reading the Dm and get informed.

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...-headteacher-suicide-ruth-perry-coroner-rules
I don't think Ofsted or anyone else will be getting on their back, as they have enough on their shoulders.

BBC News - Sir Frederick Gibberd College in Harlow to be demolished

Not encountered this particular problem, but have had school issues in the past...

Demand a meeting with the headteacher and be polite but firm...

If that fails threaten to go to the local media!

Not encountered this particular problem, but have had school issues in the past...

Demand a meeting with the headteacher and be polite but firm...

If that fails threaten to go to the local media!

The school has problems. The last thing I need is putting the head mistress under more pressure. If she leaves then there will be an exodus and it will all fall apart.

The school has problems. The last thing I need is putting the head mistress under more pressure. If she leaves then there will be an exodus and it will all fall apart.
If the head mistress is not the person to sort it, then who is ?

Sponsored Links
Back