Pies

haven't had one of those Fray Bentos pies in ages and yes they are nice despite the rumoured contents!
not strictly a pie but you can't beat a cornish pasty not the crap you get in the shops and pubs a real home made one with swede and chuck steak. :D

Sponsored Links
CIA served up Mince pies during Christmas.... ;)

ban-all-sheds said:
crafty1289 said:
One thing that bugs me though . . . how can they store their meat pies at room temp. in store? They are wrapped in paper bags, nothing more! Why doesn't the meat and other fillings go off?
You really don't want to know...
...no, i do, thats why i asked . . . :rolleyes: :LOL: I went into Morrisons at Brampton the other day, and they had a big round shelf stand in the middle of the aisle, packed with bags of 4 peppered steak slices. Room temperature. They had been out of the oven a while - they weren't warm.

hot food at room temperature has to be replaced after 2 hours or in hot weather after an hour.

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
haven't had one of those Fray Bentos pies in ages and yes they are nice despite the rumoured contents!
not strictly a pie but you can't beat a cornish pasty not the rubbish you get in the shops and pubs a real home made one with swede and chuck steak. :D

What were the rumoured contents ? i missed that one.

Freddie said:
Richardp said:
not strictly a pie but you can't beat a cornish pasty not the rubbish you get in the shops and pubs a real home made one with swede and chuck steak. :D

What were the rumoured contents ? i missed that one.
I think the quality of meat was in question ie not the best cuts and some offal?

Sponsored Links
Back