Pilot on gas fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Canon Gas Miser fire. The pilot light is too high and leaves a black residue. Can it be adjusted?

Sponsored Links
It may need to be serviced,black/sooty marks on radiants are usually a sign of incomplete combustion.

Sponsored Links
Is the pilot like blue in colour through its entire length and stable, or is it yellow and wavy?

Get it serviced ,that should sort it out .

The black sooting is CO2 being produced Only a small amount. What doesnt stick to the casing/wall/glass/whatever will most likely go out of the flue.

But its not burning correctly, As said, get it serviced. Sounds like a good clean is in order.

6 week course for fitting meters i see . It is not CO2

Any yellow flame is producing CO2.

I didnt do a 6 weeks, but if you take readings, when and where can i send my grandmother?

Rather than sitting there blowing your own trumpet, why dont you actually tell the OP what it is then.

Oh gracious one.

Why should i correct someone who has access to the CC does that not mean you are meant to know what the fek you are talking about. Even if you got it right with CO this is not what the black mark is made of .
So go on how long was your meter installer course with BG .
A little knowledge is dangerous as your post has clearly shown

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back