plumber competence finale

Sponsored Links
Much better although still a shortage of clips and the setting out could have been improved.

See if they can move the control box a little nearer so the wires can be tidied up, and get them clipped.

Don't forget the lagging on the pipes after it's all tested.

Much better although still a shortage of clips and the setting out could have been improved.

See if they can move the control box a little nearer so the wires can be tidied up, and get them clipped.

My understanding is that it will be lagged - I dived in to photograph it before that was done. The primary flow and return under floors and in walls are lagged already.

The wiring is being re-examined so probably will get moved - the electrician put that in (to suit the previous chap's valve locations), and there is a permanent and continuous demand to the boiler irrespective of what the thermostat / timeclock / valves are doing. Apparently the previous plumber burnt through the wiring at least once, so there's some muttering and suspicion that he's done something similar elsewhere. I'm trying not to think about Flanders and Swann...

Sponsored Links
That`ll cover the ripples ;) . Should`ve dragged in an old Hilmor tripod bender for that job - and an old plumber stinking of boss white and drawing on a roll-up - That`d be me then :mrgreen: IF I`d got me unvented certs.

Other than sets, kinks etc I think fittings are much nicer looking for surface work. :LOL:

Because..... only one understands a mid-position valve, and frankly I don't think its their job other than trailing cables through the house.

Besides, on those jobs I tend to do my own thing anyway as you will have seen from the CC.

I've had to put right so many dangerous and non-compliant heating systems wired by plumbers I've lost count. There really isn't anything difficult about it.

From what I've seen on here, I suspect you're more clued up than most heating chaps, but then don't forget you've also got muppets who don't let the fact they've got no idea what they're doing put them off from having a go.

Electricians aren't clever enough to be allowed in the combustion chamber :cry:

Electricians don't understand why we are doing what we are doing. if you have to go to all the effort to explain everything to you it would of been just faster doing it my self.

sure if its a paint by numbers and it was a straight y/s plan for a house basher..then maybe. but once you start doing anything slightly out of the ordinarily then its much harder to to get the message though.

But plumbers generally don't know how to wire things up properly or safely.

I do loads of systems for my plumber.

It takes literally 5 mins to run through how he wants the system to work, and away I go. Everything safe, everything to regs, everything works and all signed off and legal.

BB52392D-0E04-418D-B84F-8EB1EDAF6208-17083-00001BEC72D5DC2D.jpg

57C12470-B7B7-41D7-9B04-83D1B03D25E3-17083-00001BEC7AD0984D.jpg

or

IMGP2116.jpg

I know which I'd prefer...

Electricians don't understand why we are doing what we are doing. if you have to go to all the effort to explain everything to you it would of been just faster doing it my self.

depends on the electrician, Mehran

;)

problem is RF, plumbers who do a tidy job on electrics are as you say relatively rare, electricians who know how to wire heating systems are also pretty rare, what we find though, on forums like this one, those who like to do a job properly and spend their spare time discussing it come together, whilst the other 90% are probably watching eastenders :D
I've literally just walked in from a faulty RF stat that was fitted by a qualified electrician, aside from the fact the stat he'd fitted was nasty garbage(tower) and hence failed, he'd used 3 core to wire it, using an earth for SL with no sleeving to indicate as such. I know its not a heinous crime, but I wouldn't do that as a plumber let alone as an electrician.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back