Pointless tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I nominate this "Dual-Drill" from QVC

You no longer have to spend 2 seconds changing the drill bit to a screwdriver bit - just spend 5 seconds and rotate the chucks!

Bizarre. And at £80 outrageous :eek:

Sponsored Links
stop screws heads from being obliterated!

how about any tool to help lay bricks?

the majority of laser levels, when a water level or string and bubble or plumb bob will be just as accurate?

any multi-purpose sanding gizmo tool.

petrol hole borers!

any tool that has professional or trade written on the side of it!

^woody^ said:
I nominate this "Dual-Drill" from QVC

You no longer have to spend 2 seconds changing the drill bit to a screwdriver bit - just spend 5 seconds and rotate the chucks!

Bizarre. And at £80 outrageous :eek:

I'm not into tool fashion , but I wouldn't use that thing purely because it looks too weird. to be honest it's beginning to freak me out, I just hope I dont have nightmares tonight.

Sponsored Links
The idea itself is sound, but would have been better years ago in the early days of battery powered tools when keyless chucks wernt as common, as mentioned, takes a couple of seconds to change bit, and that tool looks cheap and nasty to me!

iaith said:
...to be honest it's beginning to freak me out, I just hope I dont have nightmares tonight.

You are so right. It is an inbred freak of 'deliverance' proportions and belongs in the hillbilly country of the deep south

We should be paying to see it.... next to the bearded lady and elephant man :eek:

Some poor DIY loving dad or granddad will be getting one for their next birthday. We should pity them :cry:

Thermo said:
the majority of laser levels, when a water level or string and bubble or plumb bob will be just as accurate?
Next time I have to set-out an L-shaped kitchen on my own I'll remember that, and chuckle as I use my rotating laser level........ Last time I looked there weren't many one-man water levels, although I have have seen one ;)

eggplant said:
.....takes a couple of seconds to change bit.....
Even less if you have a magnetic bit holder and hex-end drill bits :LOL:

I nominate 18volt drill/drivers - great if you are King Kong but I have difficulty persuading my local power tool dealer that they're naff all use for kitchen/cabinet fitting 'coz they're too big, too heavy and too clumsy

Scrit

Thermo said:
stop screws heads from being obliterated!

how about any tool to help lay bricks?

any multi-purpose sanding gizmo tool.

petrol hole borers!

any tool that has professional or trade written on the side of it!
any multi-purpose sanding gizmo tool
EXCEPT -the Fein Multimaster=the dogs nutz !

yep. that is hideous. youd need some brass/rubber neck arrangement to pull that out in front of a customer without warning them :LOL:

...they could die larfin'.

Scrit said:
Thermo said:
Next time I have to set-out an L-shaped kitchen on my own I'll remember that, and chuckle as I use my rotating laser level........ Last time I looked there weren't many one-man water levels, although I have have seen one ;)

eggplant said:
.....takes a couple of seconds to change bit.....
Even less if you have a magnetic bit holder and hex-end drill bits :LOL:

I nominate 18volt drill/drivers - great if you are King Kong but I have difficulty persuading my local power tool dealer that they're naff all use for kitchen/cabinet fitting 'coz they're too big, too heavy and too clumsy

Scrit

yeah ill give you that one scrit ;)

wilhelm said:
these or similiar.

I have some similar - a more basic set bought from one of the trade shows. They are really useful and give phenonimal grip on rounded nuts or even bars.

The guy demonstrated them by attaching two to a horizontal bar and doing pull-ups off the wrenches.

Funny though, I can get them to grip, but I'll be damned if I can do the pull-ups :rolleyes:

Also this from Metabo/Porsche

img_beton.jpg

A triumph of style of substance. See www.metabo-p7911.com

Looks good in the pictures, and would be the tool to be seen with for all up and coming dynamic new-money financial service/stockbroker types.

But I wonder if it was really meant to get dirty, or even used on site?

^woody^ said:
I have some similar - a more basic set bought from one of the trade shows. They are really useful and give phenonimal grip on rounded nuts or even bars.

The guy demonstrated them by attaching two to a horizontal bar and doing pull-ups off the wrenches.

Funny though, I can get them to grip, but I'll be damned if I can do the pull-ups :rolleyes:

was he advertising them with "Mel"?

that Mel bloke gets into a lot of ads / infermertials

It was some Australian dude, IIRC.

He was a good salesman - but not as good as the french guy selling the planes etc that I see at evey show though!

I don't know this mel bloke

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back