Was Rishi right to cut Foreign aid

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in all cases.

Again, not all people.

So, who are you advocating as being permitted to make decisions on all of our futures, in the absence of us being permitted so to do?

IWe have a representative democracy -we elect people to make decisions on our behalf. They win the elections not based on great policies but on great campaigning knowing that the majority couldn't understand the implications of what they are voting for. Throw in the media narrative and facts don't matter nor do experts.

This leads to pork barrel type policies and politics.

If you want the public to get more involved then they need to educate themselves with access to the correct data. How many understand externalities?

Sponsored Links
IWe have a representative democracy -we elect people to make decisions on our behalf.

To a degree, yes. But we also elect people to carry out our wishes. A staunch remainer would not elect a tory, labour, or 'kipper at the last election, would they?

To a degree, yes. But we also elect people to carry out our wishes. A staunch remainer would not elect a tory, labour, or 'kipper at the last election, would they?

Therein lies the problems of single issue voting and a two party system.

Sponsored Links
Be fair, mottie has been proudly boasting of the taxpayer handouts he's received.

More left wing hypocrisy. You're normally happy for spongers to sneak into The UK to take advantage of our stupidity (sometimes referred to as generosity). But you highlight someone who has doubtless paid in plenty over the years getting some of their own money back. Money they are entitled to.

Lefty hypocrisy knows no bounds!

Charity is a personal thing and it should be up to the individual to donate. Governments probably aren't the most efficient distributors of charitable donations. I'm not convinced that govt. employees and ministers haven't been dining at the ambassadors table eating ferrero rocher for many decades cashing in on my mandatory "donations". On top of that its a massive HMRC scam.

If I pay £200 to charity I can get nearly £100 off my tax. If the same £200 is taken from my income its cost me nearly £300 pre-tax.

Yes, politicians love nothing more than donating our money to often undeserved causes. Foreign aid is just taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country.

The hypocrisy.

The same RWR crowing at this announcement that we should spend the money at home - charity begins at home, were the ones in the front of the line arguing against giving extra money for poor school kids.

Calm yourself down, dear. As usual, you misunderstand. There is no hypocrisy at all. Yes, we are pleased about this announcement, and yes, the money should be spent at home.

Just not on poor school kids.

(y)

Aid = trade

And come 01/01/21 the UK is going to need all the foreign 'friends' it can beg from...

The xenophobes haven't quite got that one yet...

As always it'll take a while for that to sink into the most dense cranial material around (n)

Aid = Trade. What was the last 3 Norwegian products you last bought Elle? AKA- Weirdboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back