Post Office Scandal

Sponsored Links
Too little too late all of this. I think some people even went to their grave without their name cleared?

This falls into the bracket of massive injustice, followed by massive investigation, followed by massive report full of recommendations, followed by probably no individuals actually held to account.

@Odds Broadly speaking put the way you put it. It’s litigation misconduct. But this is simply about fair compensation. If a person had substantial consequential damages then clearly the payout is insufficient. The problem is proving the consequential damages were direct and that the claimant “victim”, mitigated them.

Yeah I always remember when we got fire lectures at work. The guy used to drift into talking about keeping our buildings secure and said 'if you saw someone walking around in a high vis vest and clipboard, would you question them?' It was a good point actually. I've seen things before about undesirables doing stuff like robbing in plain sight but acting as though they're supposed to be there. Much less suspicious.
I remember them and 'Fire' practises. When there was a fire practise at where I worked we would all march out and form up to be counted, except for the person doing the collating didn't want to know contractor numbers; I was later approached by the company fire officer to be reprimanded for not reporting to listing person that the contractors under my remit where safely outside, I had my reply ready and he went away suitably unimpressed with his secretary. In later years, working in a different role during Fire drills there would be a person go round and inspect the work areas and desks for any paperwork left out - it was company policy on fire drills and the like that all work items and documents had to be locked away before leaving the area. Forget to do it twice and it was a written warning.

Sponsored Links
Again the government will "learn lessons" ( Irony overload ).

Many will never get justice, this will (deliberately) drag out over even more years.

One of the biggest disgraceful episodes in government history.

it was company policy on fire drills and the like that all work items and documents had to be locked away before leaving the area

Clearly a bowlogs policy then.
Whoever signed that off ought be to ripe for a manslaughter charge, should anyone fall victim sure to not evacuating in time.

Who was responsible for this horizon computer system ?

Was it some Japanese mob ?

Issue arrest warrants for them
And get em extradited to the UK to stand trial for gross negligence

And post office masters trade union did f all as well

From what I heard on the radio they were compliant in the caper

Have there general Secretary of the time arrested and charged with negligence or what ever ???

Everytime I read about this whole sorry saga it boils my ****,

I can't and don't understand why this isnt gaining greater traction with mainstream media and social media, maybe if it were a jobless thug killed by a cop, more would be done..

The CEO (Paula Vennells) and other executives kept on getting massive bonuses throughout.

The CEO even got a CBE (for services to the PO), and is now Chair at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
(let's hope she's not involved in choosing any IT projects there!)

There will probably be a lengthy inquiry with a few hand picked 'officials' (with their heads in the trough) who will come up with a pre-ordained version of events and no heads will roll.

It also helps the upcoming 'whitewash' that the former CEO has also been appointed as a 'Non-Executive Board Member for the Cabinet Office'!
This thread was from 2020. It's great to see ITV following DIYnot's lead, even though it took them more than three years.

Paula has at last "given back" her CBE (in fact, she can't, the King has to withdraw it.) But she only jumped before she was pushed.

She also pocketed around £3million in bonuses for doing such a terrific job of running the Post Office. If it doesn't get taken off her, how much should she donate to the sub-postmasters?

This thread was from 2020. It's great to see ITV following DIYnot's lead, even though it took them more than three years.

Paula has at last "given back" her CBE (in fact, she can't, the King has to withdraw it.) But she only jumped before she was pushed.

She also pocketed around £3million in bonuses for doing such a terrific job of running the Post Office. If it doesn't get taken off her, how much should she donate to the sub-postmasters?
Furthermore fujitsu has finally acknowledged that it did have remote access after all...

Which means it has remote access to tax/VAT records amongst many other government IT systems...

It has graciously suggested it may put in a bit to the compensation pot (yeah right!) in order no doubt to carry on picking taxpayers' pockets!

I have posted elsewhere about a self assessment 'glitch', and this morning I received a 'compensation' cheque on top of the 'credit' I knew I wasn't owed...

After careful consideration, both amounts will be returned (after the 30 day 6.2.1 Section 54 agreements clause expires) and questions will be asked as regards the robustness of the IT system being used!

Having spent some 10 years 'Testing' various SoftWare systems so IMHO the Horizon system was either very badly specified or badly tested against the specification. Should never had gone live with that degree of problems; nor should Fujitsu been allowed 'unfettered and unmonitored' access to the live system.
I'd have thought the FCA should have been involved or overseen the system.

One system I worked on if I needed to work on the 'core' system it had to be out of hours, a printer had to be connected to the terminal I was using to record every keystroke, action and system response and those printed output records had to go to the authorising manager for their analysis and approval. And I was given a pretty free reign to do such work in comparison to others with a similar role to myself in other parts of the country.

One system I worked on if I needed to work on the 'core' system it had to be out of hours, a printer had to be connected to the terminal I was using to record every keystroke, action and system response and those printed output records had to go to the authorising manager for their analysis and approval. And I was given a pretty free reign to do such work in comparison to others with a similar role to myself in other parts of the country.

Difference was though, DF, that you were there to do a proper and honest job, not to be complicit in a coverup, while assisting the robbing of the minions ;)

jobless thug
If you are referring to George Floyd, he wasn’t a thug.

George Floyd mentored young men and posted anti-violence videos to social media.[6][7][8][9] He delivered meals to senior citizens and volunteered with other projects, such as the Angel By Nature Foundation, a charity founded by rapper Trae tha Truth.[44] Later, Floyd became involved with a ministry that brought men from the Third Ward to Minnesota in a church-work program with drug rehabilitation and job placement services

If you are referring to George Floyd, he wasn’t a thug.

George Floyd mentored young men and posted anti-violence videos to social media.[6][7][8][9] He delivered meals to senior citizens and volunteered with other projects, such as the Angel By Nature Foundation, a charity founded by rapper Trae tha Truth.[44] Later, Floyd became involved with a ministry that brought men from the Third Ward to Minnesota in a church-work program with drug rehabilitation and job placement services
Not bad for someone out his nut on enough fentanyl to kill most people

Sponsored Links
Back