Prices Rise 80%

Yep, it's amazing the amount of stick landlords get for renting out properties that have damp and/or mould. Of course, it's never anything to do with the tenants ...
Not all the time but most of the time.

I've done hundreds of surveys, for both landlords and tenants, expert witness at court, the lot and I've only found a very tiny percentage where the cause was structural dampness (ie relating to the structure and thus the landlord's responsibility) as opposed to the tenants not acting in a "tenant like manner" (legal term not mine).

So yes, entitlement not to look after and clean the very home lived in is real.

Sponsored Links
Not all the time but most of the time.

I've done hundreds of surveys, for both landlords and tenants, expert witness at court, the lot and I've only found a very tiny percentage where the cause was structural dampness (ie relating to the structure and thus the landlord's responsibility) as opposed to the tenants not acting in a "tenant like manner" (legal term not mine).

So yes, entitlement not to look after and clean the very home lived in is real.
Were the courts aware of your racist rants on social media?

Were the courts aware of your racist rants on social media?
lol, don't we just know Pat would be the type of person to side with the tenant 100% of the time without even hearing the landlord's side of it. No doubt to Pat, landlords are scum who should be turfing their existing tenants out and opening up their properties, free of charge, to the boat people. Maybe even providing them with 3 square meals a day.

lol, don't we just know Pat would be the type of person to side with the tenant 100% of the time without even hearing the landlord's side of it. No doubt to Pat, landlords are scum who should be turfing their existing tenants out and opening up their properties, free of charge, to the boat people. Maybe even providing them with 3 square meals a day.
It's absolutely obvious that we are not aware of the ethnicity of the tenants, nor the landlords. :rolleyes:
But in my experience, racist rants on social media by so-called expert witnesses would make an 'expert witness' totally unreliable, irrespective of the ethnicity of the landlord or the tenant.

The fact that the 'expert witness' was unable to provide an explanation or excuse for his racist rants on social media would probably suggest he needs medical treatment.

Sponsored Links
Here we go again as usual. Post in a way that suggests all landlords. Reality is some landlords don't live up to what we should expect and tenants end up with all sorts of problems. Damp, place falling apart and all sorts.

you are getting as bad as trans. That is saying somethkng!

1661977926524.png

That fellah Nige burned when it killed him. How unfortunate that it takes more fuel to burn a body than you get back.
He took notice of your bullshít.

This price rise mentioned. Has the £400 reduction and more for some being mentioned? ;) I think it's £400 for all ???? Not sure.?

In some ways we are in a similar situation to when covid cropped up and people need propping up. Business is sounding rather dire as well. The impact of that could be severe even local shops shutting. More price rises??? I can't see many saying they will have to accept less profit.

:eek:Sounds like we are going to have to experience Truss. The current help is down to Sunak. None of the UK organisations including the BofE like the sound of what Truss has been saying. If she can do what she is saying things may get worse if these groups are correct.

Truss gets it - pundits reckon we will have a divided party in power. If Sunak? If Truss what will happen to Sunak? Being chancellor again sounds a bit odd all things considered.

Truss is being idiotic.

"I'll tell you what my plan is once I'm PM..."

You think people are going to fall for that old trick?

Maybe they're so stupid they will.

Some of the Sunak mp's will probably feel they have more chance of keeping their job but have also supported the way things have been heading. Yet @gone feels he would be bad for them in a way that suggests he doesn't want a sound solution to problems and is more concerned with future elections. There is trouble ahead who ever. Truss - in some way is a complete unknown.

The real rub is many public services are creaking. Cuts haven't helped in some areas. The problem with this area is do we want decent ones or poor ones largely due to funding. There is an answer :) I'll pick as silly one - police aren't working as they should so just get rid of them - no police anymore. Perfection with that one is probably impossible. Not all criminals will be caught what ever is done. They all need a decent amount of capability. That often means people in these areas who have to be paid for. Sometimes take early reductions in the DPW people cuts are possible via software in this case It still needs a balance. Interfering with what various can do to reduce cost or just expecting them to work harder - if it goes wrong it needs correcting. Ofwat for instance is a joke now and despite water being privitised it reeks of gov interference. That is getting more common in other areas. So much for avoiding that.

LOL I don't know why yah boo springs to mind but they are really very good at it.

It's interesting to see how the USA is doing

I have had a stonge feeling that Ukraine would have far less effect on them than compared with the whole of Europe. It's easy to say shouldn't be using Russian gas etc but fact is if it wasn't for the N Sea we would very likely be using it as well - not that it's helped us.

Sponsored Links
Back