Progress on Brexit talks

Er....your post is self contradictory. No deal means no EU trade, unless I've got the gist wrong.

Gist wrong I'm afraid Noesall. If we don't reach a trade deal by the time we leave, then we can continue to trade, but under World Trade Organisation tarrif rules. Some are a bit punative, and others no big deal. Motorbikings right in that if the EU want £100bn as a divorce settlement, then we could use that money to pay the tarrifs until the EU realises that it's in everyones interest to settle amicably, because many companies in the EU would be screaming at Bernier, for having to pay the WTO tarrifs as well.

Sponsored Links
I think a lot popular holiday destinations are struggling already due to the weaker pound.

At the cheaper end it's the consumer who suffers. at the more expensive end it's the seller. I just haggled 2 grand off a boat rental for canaries, something impossible a few years ago.

At the cheaper end it's the consumer who suffers. at the more expensive end it's the seller. I just haggled 2 grand off a boat rental for canaries, something impossible a few years ago.
How many canaries are you taking ?

Sponsored Links
EU laid out their negotiating position long ago. UK is still fuddling about, producing papers on the 'wishful thinking' of future trade arrangements.

Oh yes the EU laid out their "negotiating position" by insisting on a "divorce payment", but apparently , have yet to tell us just how much this will be.. Not much of a negotiating position is it?

EU:- "You vill pay us zis money to leave ",,
UK:-"Well , how much is it?"
EU:-"Ve are not prepared to tell you zat.
I think we should give the quitters what they want. Waste time then leave without paying a penny. Sod Europe, we can go into a deep recession on our own. Put Judith in charge of talks and bring back all of our expensive negotiators. At least we will lose nothing that way.
See above Nosey,, then tell me just how much the EU want us to pay to leave.... Would you expect a divorce payment for leaving Costco?

Oh yes the EU laid out their "negotiating position" by insisting on a "divorce payment"

is that what you think?

Is that some secret document that you alone have seen?

Or are you just misrepresenting what is contained in "Position paper transmitted to the UK: essential principles on the financial settlement"

Can you tell us what is the UK position on the financial settlement? No you can't, because our government hasn't decided yet.

See above Nosey,, then tell me just how much the EU want us to pay to leave.... Would you expect a divorce payment for leaving Costco?
No. But I would expect a divorce settlement if I was getting a divorce. At least use an analogy that makes sense.

No. But I would expect a divorce settlement if I was getting a divorce. At least use an analogy that makes sense.
But we have never been married to the EU.. we were, however members of the EU ( Formerly the EC, EEC, Common market) Trading block...

Somebody nail his other foot to the floor. He keeps going round in circles.
So why do remainers think it is a divorce? You are the ones who bang on about a divorce bill or settlement. We see it as simply leaving a trade club.

So why do remainers think it is a divorce?
Not a phrase I particularly attribute to leaving the EU, but rather apt one the less.
I say pay nowt and leave now. Tell em to go whistle. Give the quitters what they deserve.

But the Tories are spineless and disjointed so this will not happen. We WILL end up paying a divorce settlement. Get used to it quitters otherwise you will get dizzy.

. a divorce bill or settlement

Yes, you Quitters keep whinging about a "divorce bill" and publishing made-up numbers. While alternately saying you won't pay a penny, and then that you will pay whatever is due. Your anti-EU media are trying to whip you into dribbling fury.

Just look at Quitter Judy, above, or Buffoon Boris's latest ramblings.

Sponsored Links
Back