Proper Plumbers...

Sponsored Links
they say the jobs based on real life plumbing.

wish you could install all the rads and pipework on the wall like that
not under floorboards, through lofts then it would be easy.

obviously their real life is different to ours.

scratch-head02-idea-animated-animat.gif

Sponsored Links
is that ment to be a towel rail his made out of copper pipe on the wall ?

FOR EXAMPLE

Client "could you hang 3 radiators for me"

Skills champ "why yes I charge by the hour so providing all the rads are to be hung on the same wall above each other it should only be 8hrs labour, also I dont deal with wet pipework, dirty pipe work, existing pipework, imperial pipework, or hard to reach pipe work.... but it will look pretty)

The main plumbing skill is to overcome problems for clients

c'mon now competitions like this showcase OUR industry, too many slag off the short courses, then we slag off a showcase for the up coming generation of plumbers, could you all do as well?

only miffed coz I went out at the regional stages 4 years ago!!!!! (didnt remove all the pipe burrs) The world finals were in JAPAN fully paid for flights and hotels. A plumber at the firm I work for got all the way to London for the same competition but for lead work, he was the only plumber there, every one else was an apprentice roofer, Lead work is a dying plumbing trade.

only miffed coz I went out at the regional stages 4 years ago!!!!! (didnt remove all the pipe burrs) The world finals were in JAPAN fully paid for flights and hotels. A plumber at the firm I work for got all the way to London for the same competition but for lead work, he was the only plumber there, every one else was an apprentice roofer, Lead work is a dying plumbing trade.

Yes, and a little further back, plumbers also glazed windows because they were the ones with the putty.

I'm happy to leave glazing to glaziers, and roofing to roofers.

Yes, and a little further back, plumbers also glazed windows because they were the ones with the putty.

I'm happy to leave glazing to glaziers, and roofing to roofers.

only cos yer a young un and cant make a stepped flasting in one peice ;)

the name plumber comes from the latin plumbum mean lead, that seems to sugest lead work is plumbers work

the guy that won used speedfit he was finished and off down the pub before the others had soldered their first joint

Lead work is a dying plumbing trade.

Indeed it is, and it's hard to find anyone around who can teach it any more...I've done a bit and it's part of the job I quite enjoy, but I'd love to learn it properly from an old guy with years of experience doing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back