Radio 4 today: There is a shortage of sperm...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
" Your sperm`s in the gutter, Your love`s in the sink " Jethro Tull Aqualung LP. :idea:

it's due to the fact that sperm donors, are now traceable by their offspring.

EddieM said:
it's due to the fact that sperm donors, are now traceable by their offspring.

Spot on Ed! Not so very long ago, sperm donations were anonymous and there was no shortage. I don't recall exactly when the offspring of donated sperm were given the right to trace their natural fathers - and I can't for the life of me imagine why - but it had an unforseen consequence.

1) Take one money-grubbing woman with a new baby to support.

2) Add one of the new breed of lawyers who advertise "no win no fee". ;) ;) ;)

3) Now add an uncertainty in the law about whether or not a father by sperm donation has the same obligations as one who did the job the old-fashioned way. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Result: Sperm donors could be taken to court and ordered to pay maintenance. :eek: :eek: :eek: I don't know whether that's possible or not under British law but that's not important. The mere fact that it could happen would put me off.

As they say, bad day at the 5perm bank yesterday. One missed the tube and the other came on the bus :LOL:

I'd be up for it if you could remain completely anonymous. As it is, I don't want x amount of 18-year-olds banging on my door in a few years time asking to meet their Dad.

p.s. As with the speeding thread, this is also a few months old. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back