Random Tottenham riots!

its a difficult situation but i guess anyone holding what is perceived to be a gun is now fair game to be shot on sight no matter what

(unless your a middle class white lawyer shooting a shotgun then you get a couple of hours negotiation first before they blow you away)

just hope that it doesnt happen to you or someone you know.

The police are fallable and make mistakes..i dont fancy being on the wrong end of one of them.

Still its a tough job no easy answers

Sponsored Links
Not waving anything about slightly resembling a gun in a situation would make it pretty safe against a incorrect decision .

Always have been
its a difficult situation but i guess anyone holding what is perceived to be a gun is now fair game to be shot on sight no matter what

The same practice/technique is used in most similar incidents (remember, not all make the news)
(unless your a middle class white lawyer shooting a shotgun then you get a couple of hours negotiation first before they blow you away)

just hope that it doesnt happen to you or someone you know.

The police are fallable and make mistakes..i dont fancy being on the wrong end of one of them.

Still its a tough job no easy answers
So are you going to offer a suggestion as to what the Police should do now the film of scum shooting at the Police is in public domain?

Sponsored Links
Not waving anything about slightly resembling a gun in a situation would make it pretty safe against a incorrect decision .

that seems reasonable until you take into account the many people who may not be in their right mind due to mental health problems or intoxication.

They may act erratically and incoherently i.e.not respond to verbal warnings in the same way or move in unexpected ways

Also didnt help that Brazilian fella who was doing nothing

So are you going to offer a suggestion as to what the Police should do now the film of scum shooting at the Police is in public domain?[/quote]

Where its clear cut i.e. being shot at weapon drawn etc fairplay but life isnt always like that,

should be trained to tell the difference

So are you going to offer a suggestion as to what the Police should do now the film of scum shooting at the Police is in public domain?

Where its clear cut i.e. being shot at weapon drawn etc fairplay but life isnt always like that,

should be trained to tell the difference[/quote]
No, life isn't always like that. However, when danger to other people is possible steps must be taken to minimise the risk.

I see you don't condemn the fckwit shooting at the Police.

that seems reasonable until you take into account the many people who may not be in their right mind due to mental health problems or intoxication.

They may act erratically and incoherently i.e.not respond to verbal warnings in the same way or move in unexpected ways

Also didnt help that Brazilian fella who was doing nothing

A few errors, but in the overall many lives saved.

As for the training, have seen it first hand.
I was one of their instructors in "other issues" many years ago,and they are very well trained.

It's a massive dilemma - creating a hard nosed penal/punitive system versus the consequences for the tiny number of miscarriages of justice.

Officers lives in danger?

From that limited video...

1. It was probably a badly converted starting pistol probably firing blanks, and where was the 'line of police'?
2. where was the shot at the helicopter?

and
3. Why no footage of the killing of duggan?

Only a rumour of course ( ;) ), but what with no word from the taxi driver, some are saying that he was killed by a trigger happy cop whilst in restraint...

Time will tell of course, but why is it that plod places so much emphasis on one side of the story?...
hmm.gif

Only a rumour of course ( ), but what with no word from the taxi driver, some are saying that he was killed by a trigger happy cop whilst in restraint...

Which is something the likes of you would love to believe. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Easy to say until its someone close to you who is the unfortunate person who gets blown away
And that's the whole crux of the matter. The law abiding, sane people know the dangers of creating hard-line laws and punishments and are able to use their imagination to empathise with worse case scenarios, whereas the weak-minded antisocial lunatics know and prey on the limitations of a just and liberally fair system.

A few errors, but in the overall many lives saved.

Easy to say until its someone close to you who is the unfortunate person who gets blown away

As I have said before, I can hand on heart say I know no one who is close to me who would go rioting, carry a gun ( unless in service of course) or wave imitation firearms to antagonize the Police.

So yes, VERY EASY TO SAY.
You another liberal do gooder?

Sponsored Links
Back