RCBO Socket anyone?

Yes I got one too but my RCD tester has gone faulty in the meantime.

I agree with the build quality statement. Way too deep though to put in a normal back box.

Sponsored Links
did anyone ever get one and test it?
Yes, http://youtu.be/-ZJ5pKii_6E

It does work as described, and is reasonably well made internally.
However it is only rated for 10A so can't be used on the majority of circuits in the typical UK home, and does not comply with BS1363 even though plugs of that type can be used with it.
The 10A rating would also be a problem for Europe, as 16A circuits are common there.

I bought one too, but haven't had chance to test it yet.

Someone's made a nice profit out of all us lot!

did anyone ever get one and test it?
It does work as described, and is reasonably well made internally. However it is only rated for 10A so can't be used on the majority of circuits in the typical UK home, and does not comply with BS1363 even though plugs of that type can be used with it. The 10A rating would also be a problem for Europe, as 16A circuits are common there.
Interesting. The lack of BS7671 compliance aside, one wonders, at 10A, what market it was actually designed/intended for. Maybe they should have done a bit more market research!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back