RCBO Socket anyone?

Sponsored Links
Not least it says it has USB output that I can't see!

Not least it says it has USB output that I can't see!
Me either, must be "another model" :)
Indeed. The spec states that 'current rating' is 16A and the 'residual current' "10mA/30mA" (and a USB socket), whereas the faceplate in the photo shows In=10A and IΔn=10mA (and, as said, no apparent USB socket). Goodness knows what one would actually get if one bought one!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
The warnings on the back of the product are brilliant:

1. Don't take off unprofessionally
2. Keep away from water
3. The GFCI does not guard against electric shock resulting from with both circuit conductors

- That explains that nicely then :)

Good luck fitting that into a UK backbox.
The back part is about 40mm depth - far too big unless the user happens to have a 47mm box installed.

The screws supplied are described as M4 - which unsuspecting persons will attempt to fit into the M3.5 threaded box lugs, resulting in the screws and the box lugs being totally ruined.

At 2.99 with free delivery, they are making a huge loss on the item.

I think the label on top of the socket in Chinese and the Business Seller's Id further down the page say it all really.

As I am sure many know I am not a spark, but have an interest in electronics and run an IT support company repairing laptops and desktops. I do my own basic electrical work in the house (replacing sockets etc) but I have been fighting for a long time to get the sale of cheap crap like this banned. I've seen so many dangerous power supplies being sold on ebay it is scary. They have no problem voltage rectifiers in them, no problem RF avoidance circuits and worse I've all I've seen plenty of plugs with a half insulated earth and a fuse that upon testing isn't actually connected to the live prong.

In my opinion these ebay sellers are just modern day delboys buying stuff in bulk from China without actually realising what death traps they are selling.

I will be interested to see RF lighting's report. It says RCBO but I see nothing which indicates any overload protection.

But it would be ideal in my hobby room I have so many items with Euro and US plugs although all are 230 volt.

Can't be any worse than adaptor on right.
Adaptors.JPG
no fuse in that either and will take most plugs I use it for US style but always in an extension lead so always there is a 13A fuse.

I have no plug in the house without RCD protection so would be hard for me to test. But if really 10mA not 30mA then it would be good for pond supplies and the like. 10mA units seem rather rare.

I will be interested to see RF lighting's report. It says RCBO but I see nothing which indicates any overload protection.
Goodness knows what it really is, but, as I said, on the faceplate it says In=10A.
But if really 10mA not 30mA then it would be good for pond supplies and the like. 10mA units seem rather rare.
Again, goodness knows what it really is, but, as I said, on the faceplate it says IΔn=10mA.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back