RCD before CU

• Thread starter ColinJacobson
  • Start date
That's fair comment regards the cable size, but I'd say 8 out of 10 of my mates would install 1.5.

Sponsored Links
That's fair comment regards the cable size, but I'd say 8 out of 10 of my mates would install 1.5.

If you were looping through the switch boxes you would use 1.00mm ;)

No I wouldn't. I'd use a wago to connect the 1.5 neutrals. Also, from reading your posts, you appear to have butchered a circuit because you didn't understand it. Have I missed something here? Was there a problem with the original switch?

Also, the table you referred to should only be used as a guide. I would suggest you read up on cable calcs.

Sponsored Links

If you were looping through the switch boxes you would use 1.00mm ;)

No I wouldn't. I'd use a wago to connect the 1.5 neutrals. Also, from reading your posts, you appear to have butchered a circuit because you didn't understand it. Have I missed something here? Was there a problem with the original switch?

I fully understand it OK! There were too many cables in the box, with too many 1.5mm wires and terminal blocks.

I have used a wago. I looked them up and can't see where they would help.

I did ask if there was a problem with the switch.

wagos are tiny and you push fit the conductors.

I did ask if there was a problem with the switch.

wagos are tiny and you push fit the conductors.

Meh, lever is nicer.

agreed, but when space is tight, the push fit comes in useful.
either is better than a connector block.

Can the wires be pulled back out?

Yes, you twist them to remove. Or use the lever type, which just require a fingernail sacrifice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back