Reasonable quote for changing a rad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
We've sourced 2 new rads that we'd like installed in place of our 2 existing ones and have been quoted £350 for getting them swapped over, I wanted to get the opinion of any plumbers/people in the trade to understand if this was in the right ballpark as it sounded a little steep but don't want to be unreasonable. The radiators aren't like-for-like in size so there will be a small amount of amendments to the existing pipework but other than that it should be a fairly straight forward swap. We're located in the Midlands if that helps, any responses would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Rich

Sponsored Links
Get some more quotes. Make sure it includes new valves, balancing and fresh inhibitor.

Get some more quotes. Make sure it includes new valves, balancing and fresh inhibitor.
Thanks, it doesn't include valves as we have purchased these seperately, it does include balancing but unsure about the inhibitor so thanks for prompting me to ask this

Sponsored Links
It could also depend on what material your walls are made from - I had to use chemical anchors to install a couple of heavy 'designer' rads onto my stone and lime plaster walls.
Effort like that is going to cost a bit more!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back