Recent Electircal Work Questions

Would advise you take photos of everything first, and don't pay for this electrical work.

Then get a decent, experienced electrician. Do you know anyone who can recommend a good electrician?

Sponsored Links
So you do not think he should have the opportunity to put it right.....after this mess I am not that keen on having him back....but having not been in this situation I do not know whe the standard procedure is.

As you say, do you want him back?

You'll still have to check everything he does.

I was thinking about offering to pay materials......I do not feel comfortable leaving him to his own devices now.

Sponsored Links
So you do not think he should have the opportunity to put it right.....after this mess I am not that keen on having him back....but having not been in this situation I do not know whe the standard procedure is.
I don't know exactly what the legal position is, but I have known of cases in which it has been a serious (legal) struggle for people to get money back (or to justify part-withholding of payment) when unsatisfactory work has been done if they have not first given the perpetrator an opporunity to put his/her work right.

In fact, a current ongoing case of which I'm aware is of a tradesman who is attempting to sue a customer for not fully paying his bill, his main argument being is that they turned down his offer to rectify the work.

Does anyone know the legal rights and wrongs of this sort of situation?

Kind Regards, John

Maybe you should give him a chance to put the work right, for free, after all.

But he doesn't inspire confidence, does he?

It's more than just poor quality work.

It is illegal (contravenes the Building Regulations), and he has falsified documents concerning it.

It's more than just poor quality work.

It is illegal (contravenes the Building Regulations), and he has falsified documents concerning it.

He hasn't falsified documents....in his mind its ok. He has failed to comply with building regulations. ....I have written a list and will be contacting him shortly.

Just had the conversation. ....

I'm told the circuit comprises of 2 A3 radials and a ring. So he said this is capable of running appliances and all to the regs.

He states cooker area is in the safe zone as there are no diagonals so also to the regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back