Regional accents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are you and what's your favourite and least favourite and why?

I am a mixture of Lancashire, Black Country and Scots.

My favourite, hmm, I quite like Geordie. I went once to Newcastle just once, and have NEVER seen so many legs. Aaah. Memories.

My least favourite is South-East: Sussex, London, Kent etc. This is because it reminds me of the people who live there when I used to live there.

Sponsored Links
Im a heavy manc speak , but my wife the same (but with "h"S as sally webster found the other night in corrie st , lol)who has still a bit of Italiano, on her mother side is endearing , + the latino shreaking during the ........is very inspiring ..snigger

I don't have a regional accent, I lost it by living in Oz for years.

The only accent I like in the UK is Edinburgh.

joe

I've lived in so many different parts of the country that i'm a bit of mongrel. No-one can seem to pin it down (which is quite nice sometimes). Manchester accents can be ok, if not too ott. Not so keen on Liverpool or hard "i'm from Landin" :D accents.

Sponsored Links
whilst in the early 80s as a "ducker an diver ,bish/bosh=loadsamoney plumber" .. lol a real candidate for a place on them Cowboy plumber shows ,lol
thing was prices were high no one complained an then you vanished ...lol
living in a Vw camper on sites ,

I soon lost my manc accent an was SHOCKED to come home speaking a "sarth Laardaan" accent ...

So .... It was you christMoz ! .... :(

empip
hello there , my friend , how are you .. ? good I hope .. :)

lol me as a scallie in laaardon ..

an these classics

well my love , ITs LEAD an Imperial sizes ..lol

an then leadlocks , they are silly money ... (only 1 needed on the mains feed , lol..)

why do you think I have a team of lads an gals working so I can lye in , an snore off the stella after every night ,lol
btw
take take old chum , an have a lovely Christmas ...
best regards
moz :)

hate darn sarf accents, i cannot watch eastenders, none of them can talk properly. How did their language / accent get so bad living so close to the queen etc :eek: My southern boss was commenting on my poor tidyness and she said "i'd hate to see your aarrse" (translated: i'd hate to see your house) i replied sarcastically "i'd hate to see your arse too"

i like geordie wi aye man, baaaarnsley ay up cock :LOL:

crafty1289 said:
hate darn sarf accents, i cannot watch eastenders, none of them can talk properly. How did their language / accent get so bad living so close to the queen etc :eek: My southern boss was commenting on my poor tidyness and she said "i'd hate to see your aarrse" (translated: i'd hate to see your house) i replied sarcastically "i'd hate to see your a**e too"

:LOL: Lol I bet that shut her up. I v'e got one of them London accents you don't like, the only accents I do like are Scots and geordie

crafty1289 said:
hate darn sarf accents, i cannot watch eastenders, none of them can talk properly. How did their language / accent get so bad living so close to the queen etc :eek: My southern boss was commenting on my poor tidyness and she said "i'd hate to see your aarrse" (translated: i'd hate to see your house) i replied sarcastically "i'd hate to see your a**e too"

Fackin 'ell maite, you stitched 'er ap loike a kippaaaahhh. Innit.

I was born in the East End, grew up in Essex, went to Grammar School and was locally considered to speak 'well'. Moved to Yorkshire when I was 18 (18 years ago) and have lived there since, and always thought that I spoke with a bit of a mixed accent these days.

However, I was on the Radio the other week (Steve Wright, Big Quiz) and now that I've heard my voice properly, sound just like Jools Holland.....

WoodYouLike said:
I don't have an accent:cool:

Come on, woodn't you like a little accent all of your very own? You may get one for Christmaas... :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back