Remembrance Day

I spent my 2 years service sitting at a desk and going almost home every evening at five o'clock.
REMF :):)

All joking aside, you "did your bit", you're entitled to it, claim it and wear it with pride. I presume that you're speaking of the veterans' badge?

Sponsored Links
I would have felt very guilty claiming it, let alone wearing it. I spent my 2 years service sitting at a desk and going almost home every evening at five o'clock.

Wear it with pride.
salute.gif

We wouldn't win any wars if our soldiers don't get paid and fed. And someone's gotta order the fuel or else the tanks don't go anywhere. :LOL:

Bahco said:
Is it Belgium that has that massive resting site full of crosses, and has anyone actually visited it?

Both of our kids have been on school trips. I suspect that every school does this. It's almost part of the national curriculum! (It's not a bad idea really. Much better than dozing off in boring history lessons.)

Sponsored Links
Is it Belgium that has that massive resting site full of crosses, and has anyone actually visited it?

I've been to one, I was reasonably young so can't remember which one it was, however, even now I remember it as a sombre experience, very quiet place. Indeed, LEST WE FORGET. It always gives me a bit of hope for humanity, when I see that every year the wreaths around our village war memorial are replaced, and I mean replaced, they are never touched all year round.

Watching some of the WW1 footage, it chills me to the bone thinking about what these kids must have gone through. :cry: :cry:

got drenched with the wife and kids watching the parade, small sacrifice me thinks.

i can only imagine what it was like in 1914 - 1919.

Same here. A really moving day. Many pictures taken of the surviving gentlemen of WW1 who laid their wreaths, along with our current armed forces who have lost comrades / friends.

The rain.... hardly noticed it (like you I guess).

David

Back