replacing a dimmer with a 2 way switch

i assume this righthand switch does the ceiling light. i also assume you only have one switch for this light.

very likely one red will be the live feed in
one red will be the live feed out to the other switch

one red to the (ceiling?) light.

Sponsored Links
i assume this righthand switch does the ceiling light. i also assume you only have one switch for this light.

very likely one red will be the live feed in
one red will be the live feed out to the other switch

one red to the (ceiling?) light.

yes, the right hand switch is for the ceiling light and there is only 1 switch (i bought 2 way switches as they hadnt any 1 ways at my local wilkinsons.

ill try with 2 reds into the COM on the right hand switch tonight.

thanks.

yes!!! working now!!
i put the two red wires into COM and the right hand switch and hey presto all working. thanks very much to all!

Sponsored Links
so you lied to us then?

... they used to work fine up until approx 2 weeks ago when they just stopped working. i havent done anything wiring related in the house during this time.

if you had told us you replaced the other switch at that time then it would have made things much easier from the start..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back