Replacing the Kitchen

I don't get the point in having those 5A round pin sockets near the ceiling, when the flex ends up being plastered over. Why not just use a FCU??

Sponsored Links
I don't get the point in having those 5A round pin sockets near the ceiling, when the flex ends up being plastered over. Why not just use a FCU??

As I can use use the plug to isolate the undercupboard light from the lighting circuit, I did not want to use a FCU, as the undercupboard lights are on the kitchen lighting circuit, so did not want to have unnessary fuses.

Some more pics

Cables to outside jbs

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

Cables for 2 new ring circuits

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

1st kitchen light switch cables

DSC00353.jpg

The cables cemented over

DSC00357.jpg

The piece of wood fixed above the meter, will used to fix the new electric cupboard, back board to.

Cooker hood socket wiring

DSC00356.jpg

Cooker hood socket

DSC00361.jpg

1st undercupboard lights socket

DSC00362.jpg

Cooker circuit supply cable

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

Cooker outlet plate wiring

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

Cooker connection box terminals

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

The cable feeding the range

DSC00374.jpg

The New Electric Range cooker

DSC00375.jpg

The Range is supplied by 10mm T+E on a 45Amp MCB.
The Range has 6 hobs, 1 grill, 1 fan oven, 1 convection oven, & 1 storage compartment.

The Corner wall units with all the doors on

DSC00350.jpg

The big lump of plaster which fell off of the wall by the sink

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

Temp. Electric Supply to the Covered Courtyard.

The supply plugs for the temp. courtyard power feed

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

Supply cables from shed to courtyard

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

The 16A blue commando connectors

DSC00394.jpg

The Waterproof box for the sockets

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

The closed waterproof box

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

the tumble dryer, the wine cooler & the wine rack

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

The kitchen wall where the outside tap & socket were

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

Sponsored Links
Wow, such detailed photo's, Have been browsing through them for the past half hour and a few pix made me laugh.
We have just had our kitchen ripped out and new one fitted and your missus must have the same mind set as mine.
No sooner have you fitted the wall units and bang, the plates go there, the cups will go there, the cook books can go there, Plus when the doors go on i can put my plant on that corner unit....
It doesn't matter that the kitchen still has random pieces of wall falling off and a partly laid floor, they just wanna get the pots put away ???

No offence MDbalson what the heck is that 'wiring' running to and from the shed?
It sure as hell isnt armoured cable and if thats a finished product I suggest you put off the BCI for a while :LOL:

That bypasses nearly all electrical regs ever invented ;)

The blue cables coming from the shed are the temp. supply cables for the washing machine & Tumble dryer, which are in the covered courtyard, by the back door.

Been looking forward to seeing the completed kitchen and electrics, Not done yet MDB ?

The sink side is nearly done now, & the cooker side is almost complete, I will try to get some more pictures up soon, (as my internet been playing up lately)

If I were you I would gequalified electrician in to check what you are doing. I am no sparks but what you are doing looks a bit short of the regs and by the way I think you are doing more than you are allowed to by the new wiring laws!

Just be careful electricity is a killer!!

If I were you I would get aqualified electrician in to check what you are doing. I am no sparks but what you are doing looks a bit short of the regs and by the way I think you are doing more than you are allowed to by the new wiring laws!

You are still allowed to do a rewire yourself, but you have to notify your local BCO, before you start the work. They will come and inspect 2 times, and when the rewire is done they will come to test & inspect the work & will give you a test cect. You will have to pay a fee to your BCO.

Do you have your own set test instruments ? Its important to do the dead test before the supply goes on.

Do you have your own set of test instruments ? Its important to do the dead test before the supply goes on.

Yes I have got a Insulation/ Continuity Tester, which I have used to test the Kitchen Ring before I temperly connected it as part of the Downstairs Ring (This is until the new 19 way CU is put in. As at the moment I am using the old 4 way RCD CU for now. In the old RCD CU the 1st MCB is the Cooker 32A, 2nd MCB is the Upstairs Ring 32A, 3rd MCB is the Downstairs & Kitchen Ring 32A, & the 4th MCB is the Shed & Shed Freezer Power 16A. All of the lighting circuits are plugged into a 4 way extension lead plugged into the Downstairs Ring)

If I were you I would gequalified electrician in to check what you are doing. I am no sparks but what you are doing looks a bit short of the regs and by the way I think you are doing more than you are allowed to by the new wiring laws!

Just be careful electricity is a killer!!

i think hes been on a sparky course like ive been on c&g 2330 but your right hes not qualified to be messing with electrics in kitchens if hes not covered by part p

i think he's been on a sparky course like ive been on c&g 2330 but your right he's not qualified to be messing with electrics in kitchens if hes not covered by part p

Yes you are right I have been on the C&G 2330 L2 course. But you do not need to be qualified to do electrics in your own house, you can still do your own electrics, but you have to noticify your local BCO before you start the noticifable electrical work, & they come & inspect twice the work you are doing, & then they will come & Test your work when you have completed it, & they will give you a test cert for the new work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back