Result!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for the wording on it
You'll have to post the intl law on statelessness.

From the 1981 Immigration Act

(2)The Secretary of State may by order deprive a person of a citizenship status if the Secretary of State is satisfied that the person has done anything seriously prejudicial to the vital interests of—

(a)the United Kingdom, or

(b)a British overseas territory.

(4)The Secretary of State may not make an order under subsection (2) if he is satisfied that the order would make a person stateless.

The Bangladeshi link will need to be proven*, but otherwise, legal.

CG

* Lord Carlisle (giant legal brain) says that if Mum is Bangladeshi, then her offspring are bangladeshi also.

Sponsored Links
Would the same amount of media fuss have been made if it was some bloke coming back from Syria ?

Dunno ?

Not far from were my mate lives there was a bloke who murdered a 31 year old woman who rented a room in the same house she was a Canadian he cut her body up and dumped it in a pond

He spent 16 years inside he is out now

More info please. Was he a foreign national?

Sponsored Links
The father of her child is a Dutch bloke so in theory or practice the child may have Dutch nationality ?
All this is
Likely to go to court which could potentially take years to sort out

The father of her child is a Dutch bloke so in theory or practice the child may have Dutch nationality ?
All this is
Likely to go to court which could potentially take years to sort out

That's good enough for me...

The issue is not the child.... Its her.....

Afaik they said over 300 ? People have come back to the UK from this Syrian caper

Some were fighting with the Kurds against Isis

The Kurds may be enemy or the Turks but they are
not an enemy to the UK..... There's also been over a 100 stripped of their citizenship....

If she qualified for citizenship of another country, she can have her UK citizenship removed. It would appear that this is the case. No treaty broken, no lawyers harmed.
This seems a very odd 'rule' - just 'qualified for' not has?

Why would Bangladesh (or any other country) want her?

A bit of a knee jerk reaction due to media coverage but a great result for the Law Profession as they battle out the case using Tax Payers money for the next couple of years

She's not being made Stateless. She has right to citizenship to Bangladesh. Through her father
Suppose Bangladesh had got in first and revoked any opportunity for her becoming a Bangladeshi citizen?

This wont be going away, the parents are bound to appeal.

Suppose Bangladesh had got in first and revoked any opportunity for her becoming a Bangladeshi citizen?

This wont be going away, the parents are bound to appeal.
I agree. Whist I don't want her anywhere near the UK, can Javid revoke her status with a wave of his hand?

As Notch said, other countries are likely to slam doors, thus reverting citizenship back to her place of birth.

It's now down the them to make her statless

Well she is already stateless. She may be able to apply for Bangladeshi citizenship but she doesn't currently have it?

It's like applying for British Citizenship, it's not automatically given.

Using this rule I suppose Jewish criminals should be worried as they could lose their citizenship as they are by being Jewish automatically given IIsraeli citizenship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back