Result!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I don't suppose the likes of IS give a rats about our justice system in all honesty.

Apart from that, what do we put her on trail for? The whole country is in complete turmoil, she could've been killing people for all we know, and I should imagine getting the whole picture will be next to impossible.. So we put her on trial for what, joining a terrorist group? She gets a couple of years in prison, then comes out to carry on with the ISIS support? Do we wait til she stirs up more hatred, getting homegrown terrorists, or she blows up people? Ok, she may, she may not - we don't have a crystal ball, but as the home office say, stripping UK citizenship is for the safety of the British people. I'd rather err on the side of caution, esp when you hear what is coming out of her mouth talking to journos..

At the end of the day, she is the one responsible for her actions. Live by the sword, die by the sword. I do actually feel sorry for her family, must be awful for them.

I totally agree with a lot of that... 15 or not she made no apparent effort not to go and has been there 4 years -- she should be accountable for her actions. Ultimately I care the most about our own people but I am also conscious of our international moral standing in the world.

I'm not sure what we'd put her on trial for but I wouldn't imagine she'd just get "a couple of years". In an ideal world she'd be deported to her family aboard and at least if that decision was made it was made morally.

Well she is already stateless. She may be able to apply for Bangladeshi citizenship but she doesn't currently have it?

It's like applying for British Citizenship, it's not automatically given.

Using this rule I suppose Jewish criminals should be worried as they could lose their citizenship as they are by being Jewish automatically given IIsraeli citizenship.

I don't know what Israel veiw is on criminals. I do know if Hitler cincidered you a Jew, you have a right to Israeli citizenship.

Let her back in (under her own steam and expense, if she wants to come back), question her, put her on trial if she's committed any criminal act.
If nothing comes up, "surveill" the bejezus out of her anyway; she'll either come up smelling of roses (and be able to integrate back into society), or she'll drop herself (and any collaborators) in the shoite, and end up in jail anyway.

Sponsored Links
I suppose it's all on a case-by-case basis. The same site also reports an 18 year old being jailed for a minimum of 13 years.

I'm torn between the safety of our country and people (which is paramount) and what we should be doing legally to ensure we are a system based on justice.
Yes of course it's on a case by case. The other lady got 6 years because of promoting IS on social media as well as running off to join IS. The 19 year old that wants to come back hasn't done social media, as far as I know. She probably would get a lesser sentence unless other things come to light.

Taking away the citizenship, if legal (which it seems to be), is doing everything legally as well as keeping the country and the UK peeps safe isn't it?

Yes of course it's on a case by case. The other lady got 6 years because of promoting IS on social media as well as running off to join IS. The 19 year old that wants to come back hasn't done social media, as far as I know. She probably would get a lesser sentence unless other things come to light.

Taking away the citizenship, if legal (which it seems to be), is doing everything legally as well as keeping the country and the UK peeps safe isn't it?
There is a lot of doubt whether removing her British Citizenship is legal, the baby is automatically a British Citizen so there is a lot the Legal Eagles will fight over .

There is a lot of doubt whether removing her British Citizenship is legal, the baby is automatically a British Citizen so there is a lot the Legal Eagles will fight over .
Would the home office have made such a mistake?

She'd go from being an enemy of the state to a burden on the state. Let her rot elsewhere at someone else's expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back