Rewiring my front room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Basic knowledge of electrics.

We are currently changing the room layout and planning on rewiring it to suit.

Below is a plan of the room how the lamps and switches will be laid out.
roomlayout.jpg

Just realised I have labelled them up wrong but you know where im coming from. lol

This is how I think the wiring should look, please point my incorrect wiring out so I can amend it.

wiring2.jpg

Thanks
Ant - trainee spark.

Sponsored Links
Nope, that's wrong buddy!

The brown from the 3C&E should be connected to the blue with brown sleeving with a piece of choc-block.

Follow the current path through and all will become clear! :)

For two way switching you want to connect your 2 switches together using 3c&E

on the first switch you then connect you permanent live to L1 and your switched live (out) to L2

HTH

Choc blocks a bodge,
put the feeds in the other terminals with the blacks.

Leaving Just your brown strapper between the two coms.

Sponsored Links
just put the browns from the twin and earth switch wire into the same teminal that the blacks from the 3 core are going into, no need for choc blocks atall!

What I meant was why advise introduce a piece of choc-block instead of just moving the permanent live....

The brown from the 3C&E should be connected to the blue with brown sleeving with a piece of choc-block.

what????
are you joking?

the brown from the light goes to L1, the blue to L2 then use the 3C+E to connect L1 on one switch to L1 on the remote switch , L2 to L2 and Com to Com...

what????
are you joking?

the brown from the light goes to L1, the blue to L2 then use the 3C+E to connect L1 on one switch to L1 on the remote switch , L2 to L2 and Com to Com...

a bit like this:-

what????
are you joking?

a bit like this:-

i generally do it as in drawing but i keep browns together and use blacks as com

I always keep the browns together, and the grey as L2, black and Com. Works either way though :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back