Riot payouts to hit £300 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord knows why joe is continuing to quote a shoddy bit of maths.

Let's make it 500 million or even a billion - it's only taxpayers money.
Let's wait until the final actual figures are out and look at the range of payouts issued, rather than an atrociously irrelevant and misleading bit of maths you've applied to two random numbers with which to draw a conclusion.. My bottom set year 7 could do a more in depth and accurate bit of analysis than that.

Sponsored Links
You give me the maths then (he won't)

Sponsored Links
So it also makes this thread a mockery as you are using uncorroborated figures.

Told you so. ;)
You give me all of the figures, including all of the payouts and I will give you the maths. Stop trying to cover your ar$e and just accept that you made a mistake by using dividing two speculative figures in a newspaper to make a ridiculous conclusion :rolleyes:

Move along, move along :rolleyes:

It's only a shop FFS - don't they have insurance? No more that a million there. All the shops are back open - all cleaned up. All that broken glass - 300 million quids worth FFS.

Ahh now I understand, it was one shop

You might have a point then.

The clean-up took a day using volunteers, the shops re-opened next day. Apart from a few windows - where is the money going?

Joe I take it you dont have a business of your own and have to provide cost estimates.

Just as well, your business would have failed yonks ago!

I'm asking you where the money is going. Well?

don't they have insurance?

Quite probably, but if somebody else is responsible for the loss, why should thousands of completely innocent people have to pay for it through increased premiums?

No more that a million there.

Even a small bedsitter can be £100,000 in London these days. How much would a piece of real estate like that store be valued at, and how much would it cost to rebuild it? Then there's the price of the lost stock, office equipment, loss of business income, and so on.

All the shops are back open - all cleaned up.
All of them? I don't think that store in Croydon is open again yet, is it?

And they may have cleaned up all the broken glass, but what about all the stock which was looted? Has it been returned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back